Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2019, 07:30 PM   #1

R-Vision

Can I get a little feedback on this company? Any major problems with their trailers? I'm getting a 2004 Trail Lite hybrid. It looks like it's in great shape. Hopefully not going to be disappointed.
Jimqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2019, 07:44 PM   #2

I have seen R-Vision trailers back in 2008. They are probably ok trailers. I bought a Gulfstream Steamlite trailer instead.

If the trailer is still in good shape that is the most important.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #3

Had a 2004 Trail Cruiser. Really not a bad camper, one small slide and non-ducted AC but all the systems worked well and it held together pretty well for its age. No leaks. Good furnace. Just too small for us and not too comfortable.
6.7L, 3:31, Husky CenterLine TS
Reevesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:21 AM   #4

I have a 2004 Trail lite with the small slide. It is well built and tows easy. We have had it 2 years and like it. We have owned pop ups , travel trailers (5) and 5th wheels (2) and a motor home. now back to travel trailer. This one is built as good as any we have had.
Virginia
Bandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:30 PM   #5

We had a R-Vision Trail Cruiser about 10 years ago. The whole front delaminated and was replaced under warranty. Interior build quality was bad, too. I think we got a dud. Prior to that camper we had a 1998 Trail Lite Bantam 17. It was a good trailer.
LeisurePursuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #6

Yep, just remembered we too had a delaminating issue on the back wall.
6.7L, 3:31, Husky CenterLine TS
Reevesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:00 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Had a 99 Trail Lite nickname was leaky tiki as it seemed that everything leaked - had to have the whole front end rebuilt. Found out that their aluminum framing was a frame around the outer edge of the wall - the rest of it was a sandwich of luan, foam, and filon. It was also overweight (over GVWR) when simply loaded for camping (no water). Got rid of it as soon as I could.

That said, I heard that after R-Vision was bought by Marathon that the quality improved.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:30 PM   #8

Trail-Lite

We camped in our 23 ft Trail-lite for 13 years! Great couples trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV!.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	238858  
redrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:44 AM   #9

We have had our 06 Trail Cruiser Lite for a year. Previously owned by in-laws. No known major defects. At some point the water heater quit which im fixing soon, probably an age/maintenance thing, I don't blame RVision. It's previous life was good, and we have been pleased the past year. I know RVision is no longer around, getting manuals is nearly impossible. As someone stated, they were likely bought out.

In all, no complaints here!
Old 05-02-2019, 06:57 PM   #10

Trail Lite R Vision

We have a 27' 2005 Trail Lite R Vision. We try hard to maintain the trailer even storing in a covered facility in Florida. Just returned from a trip to N.Carolina and noticed the kitchen cabinetry was separating from the wall. My RV guy says the floor is "settling". The side support beam is failing and eventually the wall will separate from the floor. Says it's a known thing with these trailers.
Anybody have a similar problem?
linsunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #11

I have a 2003 Rvision Stratus camper. It's 30' long. From what little I have been able to read about this model, it was intended to compete with the Airstreams of that time. The interior is very similar, right down to the fabric colors and wood types. It's very solid. I've had it for about 8-9 years now. The front 'cap' is made of fiberglass. It had developed cracks that started at the top, and traveled down about a foot. Obviously, they leaked, but it was into the front storage area, so I didn't get any carpet or wall damage from it. I covered them with eternabond and lap sealer, and they have not caused any more problems. Otherwise, it's been a great camper.
As for the company, I believe they were bought out by someone, but I haven't been able to figure out who. Documentation is pretty hard to find. Luckily, the previous owner provided a folder with all of the manuals for the camper.
Hope this helps.
kazeej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:52 AM   #12

I had an R-Vision. I think the company went bankrupt. Mine wasn't that bad but it also wasn't that good. I purchased it new off the lot. I had to repair a lot of minor things in the first year. lots of loose screws etc. Appliances never gave me a problem, it was more structural issues. Cabinets coming loose, delaminating issues and spongy floor. Make sure you check the floor. It should feel solid and not feel like a trampoline.
Ldduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:00 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
In 2000 we bought a new Trail Lite 7253. We owned it for only about 16 months before trading it after R-Vision replaced (upgraded) the axles and tires.

After our first Trail Lite we had a motor home (until I lost a job), then a pop up, an Apache Travel Trailer, and a Palomino Stampede hybrid. My wife and I decided that we were done with vinyl tent ends, so we sold it and bought a second Trail-Lite 8263s.

So far owning the second Trail-Lite for a month, we're loving it and have no issues to speak of.
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote