Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2016, 05:15 PM   #1

Recent post i have made !

I responded to a recent post about Aluminum sided trailers hostilely, and apologized for that, and regret ! Also about a member (in my opinion ) abusing a good vendors price match policy ! I saw this reply from Nut4speed ! a fairly new member .

" Between complaining about someone using an advertised price match policy today and yesterday blowing up because some one stated the fact that aluminum sided trailers tend to be on the lower side of most manufacturer's price point it sounds like a certain someone needs to take a break from the forums for a while and go camping and relax."

Well, Nut4speed, i think you are correct on both !!!! I'l be in the background, but posting days are over ! Good travels to all !!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2016, 05:47 PM   #2

Why are you going to quit posting things. I've read some of your posts and they are good. We all have bad days, especially when someone refers to what we bought as sub par or are "on the lower scale" of RV's, and make replies that are a little off. I wouldn't worry too much about what anyone here says. Whatever you bought is the best RV because you own it, and that is what you wanted. Before we bought our current MH, all of our campers/trailers were aluminum sided, and we never had a problem with them. I'm sure nobody posting on these threads is a true expert on everything, so input from all levels of ownership/experience is important.

Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:54 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree . Our rules allow all members to post their opinions as long as they stick to the topic and are not personally attacking another member. We've all seen posts that we didn't care to see but we carryon because the extremely high percentage of posts here do not fall into this category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Why are you going to quit posting things. I've read some of your posts and they are good. We all have bad days, especially when someone refers to what we bought as sub par or are "on the lower scale" of RV's, and make replies that are a little off. I wouldn't worry too much about what anyone here says. Whatever you bought is the best RV because you own it, and that is what you wanted. Before we bought our current MH, all of our campers/trailers were aluminum sided, and we never had a problem with them. I'm sure nobody posting on these threads is a true expert on everything, so input from all levels of ownership/experience is important.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:00 PM   #4

Skyline Owners Group
Rideandslide, I have enjoyed your posts please don't stop. Everyone can make a mistake or so. The industry seems to be going fiberglass and getting away from the aluminum. For me it was all about the floor plan and I did not care what the sides were.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-13-2016, 07:44 PM   #5

Rideandslide, please don't let one bad day effect your postings. We enjoy your comments.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:17 PM   #6

My feeling is that we need a forum of adults that are not so politically correct that if they don't like what you say then you need to take a vacation. In reality the person saying this is intolerant and unwilling to accept that most people here are just expressing opinions.
We need to lighten up and take this forum for what it is, a great place to share our hobby.
Lighten up or stay in the background.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:22 AM   #7

I'm Back !!! Maybe i'm going thru male menopause !!! I apologize for letting a couple of post get to me so much ! There are far too many great people here i would miss !!!

Plus, i joined this Forum when my daughter and here husband convinced us to get into Rving with them. We found a used 2000 25 ft, Springdale at a good price and seemed in good condition, well, new and dumb, we ended up with a real fixer upper to say the least !!

Without the help from members of this Forum, i could have not got that peice of [moderator edit] restored, and back on the road ! So i feel my payback in helping others, like i was, needs to continue to be repaid !

Yes, i have a different sence of humor, the ones i harass the most , are the ones i enjoy the most !

I spent my whole working life in public retail,Hardware specifically, and have seen every level of humanity , so when i hear some things, it's gives me flashbacks to the ( nope, don't go there )

Off my soapbox now !

Thanks all who sent me positive comments ! Jim
Old 07-14-2016, 06:54 AM   #8

Welcome back rideandslide
Old 07-14-2016, 07:01 AM   #9

Thanks Nut4speed
Old 07-14-2016, 09:32 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
I'm Back !!! Maybe i'm going thru male menopause !!! I apologize for letting a couple of post get to me so much ! There are far too many great people here i would miss !!!

Plus, i joined this Forum when my daughter and here husband convinced us to get into Rving with them. We found a used 2000 25 ft, Springdale at a good price and seemed in good condition, well, new and dumb, we ended up with a real fixer upper to say the least !!

Without the help from members of this Forum, i could have not got that peice of [moderator edit] restored, and back on the road ! So i feel my payback in helping others, like i was, needs to continue to be repaid !

Yes, i have a different sence of humor, the ones i harass the most , are the ones i enjoy the most !

I spent my whole working life in public retail,Hardware specifically, and have seen every level of humanity , so when i hear some things, it's gives me flashbacks to the ( nope, don't go there )

Off my soapbox now !

Thanks all who sent me positive comments ! Jim
Most of us have taken dings like this... trust me
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:06 AM   #11

My Dad was in retail hardware all his working life, except a few years in wholesale towards the end. It was a real "family" business, with one sister as company secretary, another working with him in the shop a brother and three cousins in other roles in the business.

I went into the airplane industry just to get away from them all!
Old 07-14-2016, 11:03 AM   #12

Well frankdamp

Don't know about the family issues there, but unless you have dealt with the general public on a retail basis , no one will understand ! Some what that generated my response to the E Trailer post !!!
I'm retired from that now ! You younger ones, keep paying your SS as i did !!!

Old 07-14-2016, 07:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
I'm Back !!! Jim
DARN!! I was enjoying the peace and quietness of the forum!! 😂😂😂

And to be honest... people talking about the dings... well...aluminum dings more easy than fibre glass....

Ready to bust my chops Jim? Lol

😅😅😅😆😆😆
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:33 AM   #14

Nope ! Facts are Facts.

Plus, i'm a totally reformed man !!!!