Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Refrigerator Drain Line...

My 99 TT has a rubber drain line that attaches to the rear of the refrigerator drip pan. I put a small wire in it to try and clear it out but the pan over flows. I looked in the outside access panel for the refrigerator and I didn't see where the drain line runs too.

Any ideas? I was thinking of taking my small compressor and trying to blow the line out. I don't want to do any damage though. What do you folks think? My owners manual doesn't say anything about it...

poppatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #2

Yes I do. Go outside and find the refrigerator cover outside. Remove cover and some were you will see a metal container with a rubber hose hanging into it. That is your drain tube and mine still have sealed at the end for some reason. Cut hose end and all is well. Return hose into container to catch water.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
rubber drain line

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOk80 View Post
Yes I do. Go outside and find the refrigerator cover outside. Remove cover and some were you will see a metal container with a rubber hose hanging into it. That is your drain tube and mine still have sealed at the end for some reason. Cut hose end and all is well. Return hose into container to catch water.
the pinched end is to stop two things from happening. first it stop insects from getting in the tube and blocking the drain and be closed helps to stop cold air from draining out of th freezer. try using some low pressure compressed air or a pressurized spay to open the blockage. also you will possibly find the end of the tube outside in the drain tray on the right side. be sure too, that the drain tray outlet is not blocked outside.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #4

No mine was sealed close. With pressure the hose swelled up. So I cut the end off and make sure there is water in the catch bowl outside to keep cold in and bugs out.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If your fridge is a Norcold: There is a "Cup" in the outside compartment, it ends in the cup.

If your freidg is a DOMETIC, there is a ribbed plastic tube, looks a bit like split loom for wire (onlly it should not be split) it should have a plug in the end of it (The plug is really a screen with holes for the water to drip through) and this is Suspect #1 by the way, clogged screen, it is supposed to extend out side via a vent hole in the outside access cover (but nearly never does less you put it there).

If you have another make, or a residential model.. can not help you.

Tags
refrigerator