Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
I see in post #10 the picture of the LED replacement using the 1210 LED bulb to replace the standard 921 rv bulb. But I don't understand the rest of the above quoted statement....

I'm going to assume my 2013 RV trailer has the 921's.....for all the overhead lights. In our old tt (2005) those bulbs sure burned hot....I was thinking about replacing the 921's in my new tt to #1). help keep the interior cooler and #2). save battery power. We have a stay in June that has us on battery power for 4 days. Last summer during a 5 day non-electric campground stay (Smoky Mtn.) the battery only lasted 3-1/2 days...
Like you, I don't understand that stuff either. Just know that the LEDs that I bought are just as bright as the OEM 921 bulbs that I replaced. They are also WAY cooler. I can touch the lit LED, the 921 would leave a 3rd degree blister on my finger tips.

Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Over the past year I have replaced just about every bulb for led lights. I want to be able to camp dry and use so little power. I do like the white light better than the original bulbs.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricejh View Post
How does it compare in output? I tried something similar on my motorcycle brake/tail lights. It was a miserable failure. Just not bright enough to be seen.
I found the LED bulbs I used to be equivalent to or maybe a tad brighter than the original 921 bulbs (maybe a little whiter than brighter). I know there are brighter LED's out there, but these seem to be the closest I have found to the original 921's.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Thanx....

I paid a visit to my TT in storage today to double check my bulbs. They are 921C's...So with the above posts I think I'll go ahead and buy some off FeeBay.

Quote:
921 would leave a 3rd degree blister on my finger tips
Tell me about it...been there done it....

As far as switching over to LED's for my lighting. I have a ? about why the "back light" in my radio / CD player stays on all the time even when dry camping. In our old 2005 Aerolite tt we could get 5 nights dry camping even with taking showers each night. The new 2013 we get a max of 3 to 3-1/2 days before the frig will no longer cycle because of a low battery. If I take the fuse out for the radio, a red light comes on at the fuse panel telling me I have a blown fuse. I'm thinking about gaining access to the back of the radio and putting in a on/off switch to switch it off when we dry camp. We have 4 nights reserved at Mammoth Caves in June so that will be a test to see if these two mod's will help....The only other thing would be to get a bigger deep cycle battery or a small genny...

When the frig would no long cycle because of the low battery, I hooked up the the tow vehicle to the tt and top charged the battery for 15-20 minutes twice a day.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
The new radios/CDs have a constant low draw to keep the the memory alive.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by esox07 View Post
So, to put it in english, if I buy a 25-1210 LED to replace my original standard bulb, will it be brighter or dimmer?
I would chose at least 13-5050. 25-1210 will possibly be dimmer. As its only equal to 8-5050. I have 13-5050 and they are great replacement. I would rather go brighter if possible. That's why I was not changing to fast. Leds are not rated by Watts and i had to try different combinations and the 921's are limited to 13-5050 while 1141's are available in much higher intencity of 25-5050 or even up to 102-1210.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:29 AM   #21

I put Led disc in all my lighting and the out side lights as well. Mine were a flat disk and had 10 leds on each. Light is a bilt bluer but will save on the juice for sure. I got a 10 pack for $ 13.25 each and ended up ordering 2 packs and have a couple of spares. PJD
Old 03-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Thanx everyone....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #23

I ordered a 10 pack from an ebay seller and got the wrong connectors. I sent him $4 and he sent me 10 of the correct connectors direct from China. Can't ask for better service than that. The lights work great. We put one in one side of every light in the camper and have 1 to spare. I got warm white, 24 LED's on a flat surface we are supposed to sticky tape to the top of the light. So far we haven't stuck them up yet...Fear of commitment issues I guess. ;-)
Old 03-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #24

Tibbar:
That sounds great. Maybe you want to post the ebay link or seller number for others. I am likely going to do this some time after I pick up my trailer this spring.
Bruce
Old 03-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #25

Quote:
Tibbar:
That sounds great. Maybe you want to post the ebay link or seller number for others. I am likely going to do this some time after I pick up my trailer this spring.
Bruce
This is the seller we used and the same connector I ended up with. Mine has only 24 led but I would like the 36 also. The light from the 24 led's is plenty and my husband thinks they are very bright. He has blue eyes and could probably see great in a dark cave....I think the light is just right.

10x Warm White LED Dome Bulb 48 1210 SMD LED 10pcs Adapter 1156 1141 BA15S | eBay
Old 03-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #26

Thank you tibbar:
Those in the link are actually 48 LED lights. But no matter, I just wanted the seller so that I could order the lights that will fit my situation. Thank you.
Also, did these boards fit inside the dome lights in your camper or did you mount them outside the fixture?
Bruce
Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #27

Quote:
Thank you tibbar:
Those in the link are actually 48 LED lights. But no matter, I just wanted the seller so that I could order the lights that will fit my situation. Thank you.
Also, did these boards fit inside the dome lights in your camper or did you mount them outside the fixture?
Bruce
The LED's fit inside the dome lights. They have a peel and stick back but we haven't stuck them to the top of the fixture, they are just laying on the plastic dome. I didn't know quite what to order and went by the light output mentioned in the bulb description. I did know I wanted "warm white". This seller has a ton of different ones to choose from.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #28

tibbar:
THanks, I kind of like the whiter light...not sure about the wife though...I will set up a consult with her before I order. I have saved the seller.
Thanks,
Bruce