RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2019, 11:31 PM   #1

Replacement decals/graphics

I am looking to replace decals/graphics to make it look new since they are starting to peel. Any suggestions on where to get a decal/graphics kit on a Keystone Cougar?

bryan2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #2

Take a picture and bring it to a local sign shop. If you go that way you will actually have a choice of colors and design. I am planning on doing mine this summer.
As far as being cost effective, the factory decals might be less money but then if you have to have someone else install them it could be more than going to a local sign shop.

Are you gong to do the removal and installation yourself?

If so there are tools and sprays that will help in the removal. The rubber wheel that go's on a drill works really well.
The installation could be a challenge if you have never done it before.

ADK camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:29 AM   #3

I have just been researching the same online and noticed several places that actually sell Cougar graphics kits. I don't know if they are exactly like yours, but worth a look see.
Here's one search result:
https://www.ebay.com/b/Graphics-Deca...47/bn_71618745
FWIW:
Iam considering completely changing the exterior look of my RV with a whole new graphics design. Why not have a totally unique RV?

Good Luck...........
Old 02-17-2019, 09:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan2101 View Post
I am looking to replace decals/graphics to make it look new since they are starting to peel. Any suggestions on where to get a decal/graphics kit on a Keystone Cougar?

I bought new new graphics/ decals for my front fiberglass cap from the the dealer I bought my camper from. It cost me about $100 for the decals/graphics but remove the old graphics myself and applied the new graphics myself with a decal solution you can buy on amazon that lets you move around the decals for for a short period of time before it starts sticking again.
kginder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:55 AM   #5

Here are the decals/graphics on my Cougar I need to replace. Thanks for the input, I will try the Ebay, the local sign business and a local Keystone dealer as well. Thanks

Old 02-21-2019, 07:55 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
What year is the Cougar? Looks pretty good.

I'm in the process of doing the same on our 2016 fifth wheel. The light gray swoop decals have faded badly since that side of our trailer sees a lot of sun. The white and black are good.

ORV had the decals in stock, so I was lucky.

Never have done this work before, but there are ton's of videos on youtube. Planning on using a heat gun and take my time.

Good luck with your project!
egwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:48 AM   #7

It is a 2010.... I got quotes from Keystone and it is $2500 to replace all decals and graphics. I did get 1 quote for $1,900. So, hell no I wont be going though the dealership to replace that. It is a lot cheaper removing them and customizing your own thru a local print/sign shop that does custom vehicle decals, graphics. I tried to get the load files for the designs but they told me to go off myself. I mentioned I served in Iraq and was a service member and hopefully maybe try and get a discount..NOPE I was wrong.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:50 PM   #8

Quote:
It is a 2010.... I got quotes from Keystone and it is $2500 to replace all decals and graphics. I did get 1 quote for $1,900. So, hell no I wont be going though the dealership to replace that. It is a lot cheaper removing them and customizing your own thru a local print/sign shop that does custom vehicle decals, graphics. I tried to get the load files for the designs but they told me to go off myself. I mentioned I served in Iraq and was a service member and hopefully maybe try and get a discount..NOPE I was wrong.
Does that price removal and installation?
If it's just the decals that's way too expensive.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:13 PM   #9

Quote:
I read an article in Trailer Life a year or two ago about a company that re-does graphics, you may try researching their site for the article. But the poster who suggested the sign shop would probably be the more economical option.
davis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:16 PM   #10

Quote:
RV dealers are equal opportunity... They will separate any and all from their money!
davis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:39 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well, today I pulled one of the medium sized graphics. What a tedious task this is! Had to get my head in the right frame of mind to get it all off. Heat gun and plastic hand held scraper was used. I used diesel fuel to remove the glue. Worked better than Goof Off. No gel coat damage at all.

The decal outline is faintly visible since the gel coat has faded some. Polished the area and it looks good. Saving $100/hr labor makes it easier.

Have fun with yours.

egwilly is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement