Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-22-2016, 02:44 PM   #1
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Reputable RV lenders

Hey guys!!

Like a many I am new to IRV2. The wife and I have reached that age, like so many, where the kids are gone and it's time to see some stuff. We are getting ready to pull the trigger on a cute Viking 17FQ. I am curious who this group seems to think are the better RV lenders out there as far as long term loans and such. I am not new to RV'ing as I've been dragged all ovre the country by hippie parents in various tents, pop-ups, trailers, 5th wheels all my life so it's nothing new to me, but it's time to get our own. Thanks for the time, guys!

Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2016, 03:01 PM   #2
We have used Alliant Credit Union. They know their stuff, aren't afraid if fulltimers and have a fast turn around. Contact Rick Holkie or Stacey Alghren

Ron & Linda
2000 Dynasty 38PBS
Full time since 2007
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
iRV2 No Limits Club
US Bank on ours.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
State Farm is great financed 2 with them
msmith9386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:07 PM   #5
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good deal, guys. Keep'em coming. I would REALLY like to go in with a pre-approval in hand.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:05 PM   #6
We use Oregon community credit union as they had the best rates. We just called all the credit unions we could and went with the lowest rate.
2015 Ram 2500 6.7 cummins, Crew Cab
Mid 2016 Outdoors RV Creekside 23DBS, w/backcountry x4 and armor options.
archer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:14 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Bank of America thru the RV dealer that sold me the RV last September. 20 year loan at 3.75 % Beat my primary bank's offered rate by 0.25 %

BOA Loan had no origination fees, no insurance requirements, and no early payoff fees.

I had minor issue with them setting up the automatic loan payment from my bank.

I had 2 good interactions with their customer service. USA call center people resolved that issue.
Randy - Manhattan, Kansas
2015 Vista 27N
2016 Honda HR-V
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:51 AM   #8
Just financed our new TT through Farm Bureau Bank (FSB) at 3.8%. They had to be some of the nicest, easiest to please people I've ever dealt with. I was literally financed in 20 minutes with no hassles, BS, fees, and no early payoff fee. Only insurance requirement they had was verbally asking if I had homeowners insurance and insurance on the tow vehicle.

They do up to 7 years on TT's and up to 20 years on MH's.
DougL3NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:56 PM   #9
Surely you have a relationship with a credit union or a bank from previous dealings? Start with one of them. Credit unions are usually a nice respite from large banks, but sometimes they don't have the best rates. Find out what $$ amount you are going to need, and ask the dealer what his lenders' rates are, then go shopping for some other sources. Since it is a new unit, shouldn't be any problem getting the deal financed with anyone unless you have some dings on your credit. Hardest part is going to be determining if you have the best price on the trailer.
And enjoy it after the paperwork is done.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites
'10 F450 new to me
'09 F450 Lariat 4x4--died
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:09 PM   #10
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
US Bank has my loan. I have heard COSTCO has good rates.
Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:43 PM   #11
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We financed ours through Essex Credit. They gave us a better rate than anybody else including the dealer. Our dealer also used Essex and the lowest rate they would give us included an extended warranty. We worked everything out over the phone and they faxed us the paperwork to sign.

Jon & Sue Francis (Retired U.S.A.F.)
Lil Girl-Rescued, Abby Rescued, Peaches Rescued
06 Allegro 35TSA Workhorse Chassis
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:04 PM   #12
Monaco Owners Club
Knoxville TVA Employees Credit Union has handled the last five RVs and TVs that we have purchased. Low rates, easy dealings. We decided what vehicle/TT we wanted and got a blank check from the credit union (with a cap of course), walked into the dealership and walked out with our new TT or TV.
John Price
2016 Denali 289RK w/a Hensley Arrow Hitch
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummings
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:52 AM   #13
We financed through USAA. Had great rates and 10 minutes from application to approval. Only catch is you have to be a member (military service).
schwabml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:04 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by schwabml View Post
We financed through USAA. Had great rates and 10 minutes from application to approval. Only catch is you have to be a member (military service).
You beat me to the punch.........LOL

USAA for us also...........they are easy to work with and great service.

For our next coach I will also check my credit union, speaking with the manager, who is a personal friend, he said they don't advertise RV loans but can write one if asked..........

Good luck and welcome to the club.........

Angie & Glenn, and the boss: Haddington the Airedale
2017 Newmar Canyon Star 40', FMCA, NKK - Home based in the Heartland of America: Brownsburg, In 🌽🌽 🏁 Retired Army Sergeant Major
My home town: Brooklyn, New York
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote