Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2016, 05:45 PM   #1

Question Reviews of Ever Lite by Ever Green

Hi there. We are ready to make the jump to a hard top travel trailer from a hybrid.

We are trying to keep it to 21 or 23 feet. I've seen a few and I've narrowed it down to three and I was hoping existing owners could let us know how happy you are with your purchase. Reviews on the Ever Lite that I've found here are not super positive but they were older models. Does anyone have a newer model? Post 2011? Specifically, we are considering a 2015 232RBS.

The other two are the Jayco Jayfeather 23RLSW and the Apex 221RBK.

Don't be shy, we are looking for the good, the bad and the ugly!

Please share other makes that I could check out if you love the one you have!

Thank you in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #2

Smile

Hi Fox123,

We just purchased and brought home our new 232RBS and we love it. That being said, the 2016 model seems to be a little flimsier than the 2015 model but maybe it is just that we have spent some time in it now. Still, we knew we weren't purchasing the most expensive model out there and none of them are perfect so we have no complaints. Our dealer has been wonderful and they fixed a few minor issues with a couple left to fix. Everything is operating at or above expectations. And we have been testing them. Coming from a Road Trek 190, (and 6 months straight of tent camping the Appalachian Trail before that), the 232RBS feels like a mansion to the two of us. The mattress is a bit hard so we will get a topper. Heater is hot, air is cool, showers are very hot... We got an equal-i-zer hitch and our TV is an F250. It pulls like a dream never noticing the mountains. Super easy to operate. Television was even great. We are happy with no regrets.

BethV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:04 PM   #3

Thank you. I love the face to face pull outs and the island but got discouraged by the plumbing reviews. We had water damage on our hybrid and are terrified of having to deal with a similar issue on a new TT.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:09 PM   #4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox123 View Post
Thank you. I love the face to face pull outs and the island but got discouraged by the plumbing reviews. We had water damage on our hybrid and are terrified of having to deal with a similar issue on a new TT.
My understanding is those are the exceptions and not the rule. I think there is a risk of some sort with any choice. But time will tell for us since it is so new.
BethV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:32 AM   #5

I considered a Ever Green trailer when we were looking, but we ended up purchasing a Winnebago Minnie. You may want to consider the Winnebago 2351DKS model which has basically the same floor plan.
Minnie | Floorplans | Winnebago RVs

We preferred the 2201DS due to the amount of storage space and size of the bathroom along with the outdoor kitchen which we use most of the time. Personally, I'm not a fan of having a slideout taking up space under the awning but the double slideout of the 2351DKS does make for a roomy interior.
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:37 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
You will find issue with all make a models the key is the dealer and how they deal with the issue's if any come up. The other thing to check is the length of the warranty most are only 12 months, I believe that Jayco's is 2 years so depending on what part of the country you are in it come down to 6th or 12 months of camping.

Good luck with your choice.
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
I considered a Ever Green trailer when we were looking, but we ended up purchasing a Winnebago Minnie. You may want to consider the Winnebago 2351DKS model which has basically the same floor plan.
Minnie | Floorplans | Winnebago RVs

We preferred the 2201DS due to the amount of storage space and size of the bathroom along with the outdoor kitchen which we use most of the time. Personally, I'm not a fan of having a slideout taking up space under the awning but the double slideout of the 2351DKS does make for a roomy interior.
Thank you. I've reconsidered the front slide out for that reason as well as the width. Some of the wilder campgrounds are rather tree'd and the extra width might be an issue.
I completely forgot about the Winnebago. The same lay out as the Apex I was looking at. I will go check them both out on the weekend. Thank you!
Old 03-23-2016, 07:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishman View Post
You will find issue with all make a models the key is the dealer and how they deal with the issue's if any come up. The other thing to check is the length of the warranty most are only 12 months, I believe that Jayco's is 2 years so depending on what part of the country you are in it come down to 6th or 12 months of camping.

Good luck with your choice.
Thr Jay Frather is the only 2 year warranty I've found as well.
Thank you for your input!
Old 03-24-2016, 08:33 PM   #9

I can also recommend the Winnebago minnie TT. They are well built and mine has been trouble free. We looked at Ever Green, Open Range, Lance and lots of Jaycos and Keystones. We settled on the Winnebago 2201DS. No regrets here.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post
I can also recommend the Winnebago minnie TT. They are well built and mine has been trouble free. We looked at Ever Green, Open Range, Lance and lots of Jaycos and Keystones. We settled on the Winnebago 2201DS. No regrets here.
I'm just curious....what did you like or dislike about the Lance trailers? If they were available around the Ohio area, I think we would have take a close look at them.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
I'm just curious....what did you like or dislike about the Lance trailers? If they were available around the Ohio area, I think we would have take a close look at them.
I really considered the 2295 Lance. The determining factor was there wasn't a Lance dealership within 100 miles that had one in stock. They were also more expensive than the Winnie Minnie 2201DS by several thousand dollars. There's just not a lot of Lance dealers in the Southeast.

I did find a year old 2295 that had been all tricked out with every upgrade in Myrtle Beach but the wife didn't want to drive 6 hours to look at a used trailer. I really liked the Lance 2295. It just wasn't available in my area.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post
I will be going to compare my final two choices tomorrow...
The first being the Winnebago Mini 2201DS and the second the Apex (Coachman) 215RBK. The floor plans seem identical and I love the idea of the outdoor kitchen. These seem to be the only two smaller TT's that have water and sink in the outdoor kitchen.

Will be comparing quality, colours and price tomorrow!

Thanks for all your feedback- much appreciated!
Old 03-26-2016, 09:25 PM   #13

I have the 2014 Evergreen I-Go Lite and it seems I have finally got all of the Manufacturers crappy workmanship issues repaired .. "Make sure you check for sealant on all seams..especially the front" if you get serious on purchasing one..I love the camper but it is a royal pain dealing with evergreen...Be prepared to play for repairs out of pocket if you don't catch them on the walk thru... But to be honest if and when I trade this one in ..I will never purchase another Evergreen product thanks to the Not so great help from their warranty guy at Evergreen.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox123 View Post
I will be going to compare my final two choices tomorrow...
The first being the Winnebago Mini 2201DS and the second the Apex (Coachman) 215RBK. The floor plans seem identical and I love the idea of the outdoor kitchen. These seem to be the only two smaller TT's that have water and sink in the outdoor kitchen.

Will be comparing quality, colours and price tomorrow!

Thanks for all your feedback- much appreciated!
Just a couple of things I noticed in looking online at the Apex 215RBK. I like the Adzel wall construction. The awning on the Apex is shorter as the hatch cover for the outdoor kitchen acts as a awning for the outdoor kitchen. The Apex gives you one more wardrobe on the right side of the bed, but the cabinet on the wall in the bathroom is smaller. Our last trailer (Sunline) had the mirrors on the doors, and my DW always disliked them.....wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. I like the larger fridge in the outdoor kitchen, but it is one of the reasons for the smaller wardrobe in the bath. And, I like the cabinet and the drawer in the outdoor kitchen. I'm not sure about the Coleman grill....can you use it like the two burner stove on the Minnie? The Apex certainly looks like a nice trailer and I'll be interested in hearing your comparison of it with the Minnie. So...please let us know what you found!