Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2016, 02:26 PM   #1

Richmond, VA Weather today

It is a very blustery day here in VA. I was just sitting here looking out the window and watching the white out conditions and wondering what do these RV places do when we get 14+ inches of snow. This is not an every winter deal here and it's been quite a while since we've seen this much snow. Do they plan for this?

There is a local dealer up the road a piece and they have 100's of RV's and TT's now with a lot of snow on their roofs. It's the really heavy wet kind and more sleet later this evening is coming....

Do they send someone in to sweep them off? Do they go inside them when it's done and melting and check for leaks??

I guess now or this week would be a great time to shop and be able to see the leaks if any.

Just wondering.... camping seems to be on my mind today..... and better weather is down the road.
Stay warm

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2016, 02:40 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's probably a great time to buy an RV within the Mid-Atlantic and New England states right now. I'm sure that these dealers (I assume you're talking about McGeorges, Reines or Safford) will clean off their RV's and plow their lots as soon as they can to get customers back in. As for leaks, they may check them. I would think that the used units would be more prone to leaks than the new ones.

Old 01-23-2016, 02:57 PM   #3

Snow is no big deal. Remember that those living north have trailers and deal with this every year.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:16 PM   #4

Heavy

My dad always cleaned off our trailer roof in Ohio .. Especially after a heavy snow. When it snows here in VA it's usually light fluffy and then melts soon... This storm is very heavy and wet. More sleet to come tonight... I just was thinking that McGeorges has a ton of new and used and was curious to what they and other may do. The mind is bored with this weather already. :>)
Old 01-23-2016, 05:06 PM   #5

We are living in ours thru the storm over here in Warsaw on the Northern Neck.
( volunteering at the NWR) Come Monday when it hits 40 will go up and clean it off. We've had lots of snow on our rubber roofed 5th wheel a couple times. Absolutely no issue. Don't expect any on the all fiberglass MH.
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:01 PM   #6
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojo1228 View Post
It is a very blustery day here in VA. I was just sitting here looking out the window and watching the white out conditions and wondering what do these RV places do when we get 14+ inches of snow. This is not an every winter deal here and it's been quite a while since we've seen this much snow. Do they plan for this?

There is a local dealer up the road a piece and they have 100's of RV's and TT's now with a lot of snow on their roofs. It's the really heavy wet kind and more sleet later this evening is coming....

Do they send someone in to sweep them off? Do they go inside them when it's done and melting and check for leaks??

I guess now or this week would be a great time to shop and be able to see the leaks if any.

Just wondering.... camping seems to be on my mind today..... and better weather is down the road.
Stay warm
We have this all winter long here in MI and in most northern states- RVs are parked outside in snow, rain and sleet. I wish I had your problem where it will all be gone by next week!
Have fun and enjoy it while you can!
Old 01-23-2016, 06:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsqbm View Post
Snow is no big deal. Remember that those living north have trailers and deal with this every year.

Yep.
In MN it would just be another day

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:27 PM   #8

SrH

It's next week..... and it's still here..... maybe by next Wednesday when the forecast is upper 60's and thunderstorms it will go way. :>)
Old 01-29-2016, 10:01 PM   #9

We'll be heading to Fredricksburg mid-March. What can we expect for weather that time of the year?
Old 01-30-2016, 08:21 AM   #10

Generally pretty nice but Richmind and north has been known to have snow but just a small dusting. We had a century snow storm back in the 80s that dumped huge amount and closed down the city of VA Beach. Back then we used to joke that the chance of snow wasn't over until the circus had left town.
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:04 AM   #11

Thanks. Hoping for an early Spring.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:39 PM   #12

Flowers RVA

Well I agree, we have been known to have some snow but nothing much. March can be windy and rainy... mid 60's and then cold as can be... Oh a forward and spring thinking note.... the daffodils are up about 5 inches in my back yard.... this is never a good thing.... it always means as soon as the flowers bloom on it, it snows again. However, it does make ya happy to see them. Don't be shy ... come on up.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana25K View Post
Generally pretty nice but Richmind and north has been known to have snow but just a small dusting. We had a century snow storm back in the 80s that dumped huge amount and closed down the city of VA Beach. Back then we used to joke that the chance of snow wasn't over until the circus had left town.
I remember that, walking by the Nansemond Hotel, sledding across from Sarah Constant beach.

And this year the circus leaves town April 2nd.
Losthikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:36 PM   #14

Looking forward to the trip. Thanks for the info.