Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2015, 03:27 AM   #15

Riverside RV

We purchased a 214 retro 177 late 2013. Except for the layout I can not honestly say anything good to say about it. 3 months after warranty expired all kinds of things went down hill. The worst was the axle. Dealer was zero help and the company was zero help.

James
trailerman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2015, 08:01 PM   #16

I thought these were Aluminum Framed, according to their website...
georgio1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #17

We just purchased a 2016 Retro 177 SE (red/white), and will be taking it out for the first time at the end of September. We downsized from a 25' KZ Spree Connect. The only thing we appear to be loosing with this downsize is bathroom space and 2400 lbs. The weight was no problem pulling with a 2003 Tundra, but the gas usage was unreal. We will update everyone after the maiden voyage.
Retro177 SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:21 AM   #18

Socket To Replace Hand Crank For Stalilizer Jacks

Here is a web site to purchase a socket for your cordless drill, and not have to use the hand crank to lower and raise your stabilizer jacks. For us old guys we like the old saying KISS. I was going to cut my crank and put it in a drill, but I thought I would do a little investigating first with Google....sure enough here is one!

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Socke...p/lvsg-630.htm
Old 09-10-2015, 07:34 AM   #19

Send a message via ICQ to Farfman Send a message via AIM to Farfman
Just to be clear here. The 2016 Retro 177 SE is NOT a product that is manufactured by nor does it have any relationship to Riverside Travel Trailer, Inc.
New Home

Happy Trails everyone!!!
Old 09-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #20

Riverside RV Retro Travel Trailers

Here is the website/manufacturer to eliminate all confusion concerning these Riverside Retro brand travel trailers (Models - 150, 155, 155XL, 166, 175, 177, 177 SE, 181, 189R, 195, 509, and other unlisted models here). Riverside RV | Our goal is to see that you have a “Great Camping Experience”.

RIVERSIDE RV 1775 E US 20 LaGrange, IN 46761 260-499-4578 - FAX 260-499-4511. Hope this helps!
Old 09-10-2015, 05:37 PM   #21

ebay or camping world 6.50
buddaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #22

Retro 177

Never owned a trailer before and I'm in my 60's so I want to make it as easy as possible. I bought a trailer magazine and fell in love with a 21 foot escape 5.0. After much study I found that they are very expensive (over 30k) and you have to travel to British Columbia to pick one up to avoid the 2 dollar per mile shipping cost. That is way too impossible to even think about. After some more studying I came to find the whitewater retro series. I really like the 177 because of the island bed. Also I can purchase it from a dealer less than 5 miles from my house. Is there any hidden problems with this trailer I should know about. So far what I have read has been some very positive reviews. Any info on the 177 would be very appreciated. Bad or good.
mark j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:41 PM   #23

Hello Mark j,

Please check out "White Water Retro Trailer Owners" on Facebook Groups.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/664183020363385/

We have a lot of Retro 177 owners in this group and the vast majority of owners are extremely pleased with the Retro 177 lineup and full line of RVs. My wife and I have the Retro 150 which we have had for about 3 years now and still enjoy very much. It has been trouble free so far. Hope to see you on the forum!

Clyde and Linda
RetroTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:37 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroTwo View Post
Hello Mark j,

Please check out "White Water Retro Trailer Owners" on Facebook Groups.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/664183020363385/

We have a lot of Retro 177 owners in this group and the vast majority of owners are extremely pleased with the Retro 177 lineup and full line of RVs. My wife and I have the Retro 150 which we have had for about 3 years now and still enjoy very much. It has been trouble free so far. Hope to see you on the forum!

Clyde and Linda
Thanks Clyde and Linda. Sadly I don't do facebook. I was wondering if you knew where I can get the height dimension on the 177. I was hoping to store it in my garage. They don't list it at the riverside.net page. Thanks again.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark j View Post
Thanks Clyde and Linda. Sadly I don't do facebook. I was wondering if you knew where I can get the height dimension on the 177. I was hoping to store it in my garage. They don't list it at the riverside.net page. Thanks again.
Mark, if I had a Retro Dealership that close to my home, I would just drive over there and take a tape measure with me and either ask them or measure one myself. It looks like you have already found the Riverside RV | Our goal is to see that you have a “Great Camping Experience”. website, so all I could recommend, other than the dealership, is to call or e-mail the factory with your questions. Good Luck,

Clyde and Linda
RetroTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:38 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroTwo View Post
Mark, if I had a Retro Dealership that close to my home, I would just drive over there and take a tape measure with me and either ask them or measure one myself. It looks like you have already found the Riverside RV | Our goal is to see that you have a “Great Camping Experience”. website, so all I could recommend, other than the dealership, is to call or e-mail the factory with your questions. Good Luck,

Clyde and Linda
Thanks Clyde and Linda. I went to my local dealers website and they had it listed at 8 foot tall. I read somewhere that the retros were garageable but I guess that was bogus info. my garage door openings are 6 foot 10 inches tall.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:07 PM   #27

Has anyone mounted a TV in a retro 181?
diruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #28

Retro 176S

We bought a 2017 Retro 176S and the wife loved it. She did purchase it without me so i was unable to have a look through first. BUT when i did... I was not impressed. Please understand, once you start finding thing on a new trailer, it hard not to keep looking. this is in order of memory. i also drive very carfuly...

-Drawer faces were all but strait
-cupboard doors were riddled with insect holes (I didnt actually mind this) but it was not choice wood
-cupboard pulls were all drilled on an angle
-microwave was mounted on an angle, looked aweful!
-water line rattled against a panel LOUD!
-after only driving from dealer to home (15 KM) the slideout was pushing screws out and even lost a few, leaving the flange sitting out 1\2" at bottom corner
-siding buckled all over after only two short trips
-NO RIDE HEIGHT! axle would actually sit on water tank if tank was full, and just our minimal camping gear ( i was under weight) took it on scale to check.
-front of camper sagging over frame rails
-Siding cracking at corner of door
- bad shower head from factory, would only produce a dribble
-outside calking was a mess and large gaps without any, tops of windows, shower door, ect
-The bathroom was silicon valley! but yet still had spots were water could penetrate...
-the kitchen table would have broke eventually, it was pretty lame

That is all i can think of for now.

so we took it back several times for fixes and had very good dealer support. but on our last trip we had had enough and brought it back for a full refund without hassle.
I realize that many items on the list are common and can be fixed by the end user, but enough was enough.

we now have a 2016 Creekside 20FQ witch is 10 times the trailer (quality wise) also bigger, witch we did not want. but when it came down to quality and craftsman ship, we found this to suit us best, and were happy to be dealing with the same local dealer.

Tags
travel