Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #1

Rockwood ultralites

How well built are they?
lincoln30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln30
How well built are they?
I have a Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S, 2012, not too bad, but as I have learned, you are always improving what you have, so far so good, one trip under my belt with new TT. Minor quality control issues, but all fixed at pre delivery and after the first trip. Biggest thing shower panel came loose last trip, but a little adhesive and sealant it's fixed. Have you purchased yet?

P n J
Old 07-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
I have a Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S, 2012, not too bad, but as I have learned, you are always improving what you have, so far so good, one trip under my belt with new TT. Minor quality control issues, but all fixed at pre delivery and after the first trip. Biggest thing shower panel came loose last trip, but a little adhesive and sealant it's fixed. Have you purchased yet?

P n J
Not yet.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #4

Beginning to assume it is not a popular brand. If so why?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln30
Beginning to assume it is not a popular brand. If so why?
It's actually very popular, a very knowledgable person who has had TT to diesel pushers, says really its a crap shoot, you get whatever manufacture RV or TT, you still have to fix and make things better or improve on their design or workmanship! I would pick a manufacture, with the things you like, the style or design best suites you! I picked ours based on the floor plan, accessories without cost, hardware, equipment and it's towing qualities, and looks.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ultralites

I purchased new a Rockwood 8314 SS in 2005. I am very picky, so I bugged the dealer several times to correct small to medium issues during the warrenty which they did (with a smile). I Have towed it almost 30000 miles and have experienced very little trouble. Two major issues I am currently dealing with are 3 small stress cracks in the fiberglass skin (normal on some trailers) and a small crack in a frame member. I used to be an inspector so I look hard for trouble. I am repairing these myself after consulting with factory rep. Over all, I would not only recommend a Rockwood to friends but am considering buying the same floor plan new. Like anything else, time has shown where improvements are needed and the factory has incorporated every one I wished for.
foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote