Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #15

I like that idea of the flasher and it's not that difficult to do and everyone will be asking me how I did it
Wyldbill77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
If you don't want elegant/permanent, you can just insert a 2 prong flasher between the same terminals (3 & 4) on the end of your trailer plug. I chose to get fancy just for the fun of it.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davey View Post
Another option is to install a switch & flasher system that I found on another forum. In one position, the lights are on constantly. The other position inserts a flasher in the circuit. The flasher allows all the tail and marker lights to flash in the unlikely event that you might have to leave the trailer beside the road.

I mounted the whole works in a 7" X 7" waterproof plastic box from Lowes. The "Bargman" connector in the attached drawing is simply another 7 pin trailer plug like the one on the back of your truck. When camping, this is also a handy place to plug in the cord from the trailer to keep it off the ground.
Nice chart! Where and how is power introduced into this circuit?
Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
Nice chart! Where and how is power introduced into this circuit?
When you plug your trailer cord into the "Bargman", power is supplied from the house battery through terminal #4. Then through the fuse to the rest of the circuit. Attached picture shows the "Bargman" connector mounted on the plastic box - when unhitched, the trailer cord plugs in here instead of the truck. The other stretchy wire is for a rear-view camera located on the back of the 5th wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camera and trailer plugs1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	46562  
Old 09-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast0ne View Post
I have this set up.

But I bought a unit from a company called Vampir.

The nice part with it is it has built in relays so it is just plug and play. And it has a photo cell. So when it gets dark it triggers on. You have a choice of two units one is a four hour the other is eight hour. I think I payed $50.00 Canadian for it.

People have come up and asks me about it and thought it was cool. I bought it just so when we take the dog for a walk late at night you can see where you are. I also swapped to all led lights on the outside so the inverter fan never kicks in. Even with inside lights on.

Also check out Eco-led they sell it on there web site.
Hi, what did you buy that was plug and play? Doing just a quick search I didn't find anything from a company called Vampir
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #20

Here is a picture of it. If you go to eco-led they sell it. It is near the bottom page.

All you do is plug it into you 7 way plug and that's all. All relays are built in and a photo cell. So it turns on by its self. No messing with homemade setups.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	46603  
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast0ne View Post
Here is a picture of it. If you go to eco-led they sell it. It is near the bottom page.

All you do is plug it into you 7 way plug and that's all. All relays are built in and a photo cell. So it turns on by its self. No messing with homemade setups.
Thanks
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #22

Your welcome caveman cbb.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #23

I wouldn't want to know how, I would want to know why? I could see it if they were at the local state fair selling goods and needed more advertising. But gee wiz running lites in the CG.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #24

For the same reason folks put out awning lights, lighted palm trees, rope lights, solar lights, bucket lights, and any other kind of light you can think of. Because they are bright, cheerful, and fun.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #25

I really liked it when out dry camping. Always gave a nice light when out walking the dog.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #26

Angry running lights

read the answers you already have. tired of seeing someone post the same thing over and over:
Old 09-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
I wouldn't want to know how, I would want to know why? I could see it if they were at the local state fair selling goods and needed more advertising. But gee wiz running lites in the CG.
This idea originated with full-timers boondocking out in the desert. In an emergency they required some way for EMS personnel to locate them, thus the turn signal flasher in the female end of the trailer plug. I think it makes whoever is using it look cheesy otherwise.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #28

Well I guess that makes me cheesy