Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2017, 08:32 AM   #1

RV and Camper Shows

Talked my wife into going to a RV show in Atlanta, GA next month. What should we expect? not really looking for another camper right now, just getting some ideas. Assuming there are supply/accessory vendors there as well? Thanks
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2017, 08:50 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If it is a big show with many RV's and related equipment, you may find it to be a bit overwhelming at first. Since this is an exploratory "outing" for you and your wife, I would simply enjoy the experience and gather information that interests you. There is some great reference materials that dealers and others have assembled for your perusal. Once home, you will be able to research your "gatherings" and possibly use the Internet to do further research. Who knows, maybe there is a new RV in your future!

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:05 AM   #3

Expect to be bitten by the RV bug.
It's hard not to get caught up in all the new models and trends.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Go with an open mind and closed wallet. Have the gumption to say to yourself - you are just looking.

RVs that are on a show floor - or even in a dealer's lot for awhile have had hundreds of people (and their kids) opening doors, bouncing on the sofas and generally trying to tear the place apart. Some dealers will put a sold sign and lock the doors - both on the lot and at the show.

I will attend some of the smaller shows in my area every so often - sometimes just to catch up with what is going on.

I never take the wife - in fact I will do research for about a year prior to any purchase and have things narrowed down to a couple of models. Only when we are in a position to purchase do I take her looking because she will find something to buy.

This last go around that had an unusual twist - the models I chose simply from floorplans were not at all what she liked. I was looking in the 24-26 ft rigs with no slides - she found the 31' unit with a slide and fell in love.

Good thing my new truck is up to pulling it - cause it is huge.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:47 PM   #5

I love the RV shows. It's by far the best chance to really look and touch a lot of the products with only minimal hassle from salesmen. Leave the checkbook at home though.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:49 PM   #6

Thanks for the advice. We have 0 intention of buying a TT at this show. I do like browsing and getting ideas for our Freedom Express
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:22 PM   #7

Leave your checkbook at home. Forget all of your financial information. Walk fast. These shows are great opportunities to buy things you don't need and the deals are good so fortify yourself before you walk in! So much fun!
6.7L, 3:31, Husky CenterLine TS
Reevesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #8

I don't know about other parts of the country, but in OKC, the RV shows are worthless.

$10 - $12 per head to get in. Then, there is a very sparse selection of TT, 5'ers & MH's. And, hardly any accessory vendors at all.

I don't waste my time here.
TRebel is offline   Reply With Quote