Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2014, 06:26 AM   #1

RV City Water Inlet w/65PSI Regulator

My current recessed city water inlet constantly binds when connecting the hose so I want to replace it. Also, I use the Valterra 40PSI regulator (which is excellent in terms of flow, etc).

I have use these spinner type connectors before and have settled on the this model from shurflo. it has the spinner and a built in regulator. When I got home and looked at it I realized the regulator is set at 65PSI. I started looking at my manual and it says to use a regulator at 40PSI.

Obviously I am reluctant to violate the spec in my trailer manual (2011 StarCraft). On the other hand, I find it hard to believe Shurflo would put a product out in the market that would be incompatible with RVs.

My question--does your manual spec 40PSI for the regulator or is mine the oddball?
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2014, 06:40 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
My MH is rated for 65 PSI so the Shurflo is right on. My manufacture does recommend to regulate the water pressure at 50-55 PSI not to push the plumbing to the max.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlakatos View Post
My current recessed city water inlet constantly binds when connecting the hose so I want to replace it. Also, I use the Valterra 40PSI regulator (which is excellent in terms of flow, etc).

I have use these spinner type connectors before and have settled on the this model from shurflo. it has the spinner and a built in regulator. When I got home and looked at it I realized the regulator is set at 65PSI. I started looking at my manual and it says to use a regulator at 40PSI.

Obviously I am reluctant to violate the spec in my trailer manual (2011 StarCraft). On the other hand, I find it hard to believe Shurflo would put a product out in the market that would be incompatible with RVs.

My question--does your manual spec 40PSI for the regulator or is mine the oddball?
The manual for my new Open Range recommends 40 PSI and then immediately following in the next paragraph it tells about the 12 V water pump if so equipped. It states that the pump builds up pressure to 45 PSI before it quits running. I do have the high flow Valterra regulator and it is rated from 45 - 50 PSI and I have had no issues with it but I do have a whole house water filter in line that will reduce the pressure somewhat.
wva3185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I am really surprised the pressure requirements differ. I just assumed we all had PEX plumbing in later model trailers.

Just to close on this I decided I wanted the easy spin of the shurflo inlet so I decided to install it and continue to use my Valterra regulator. It functions perfectly (no binding when connecting the hose). I should have done this years ago.

Also, it was the first time to use butyl tape, that sure made life easy!
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water