Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #15

CW has roof cleaner and you can get up on ther roof, start at the front and work your way back. Mine had a bad case of crap on the skylights and covers and I used tilex on them then polished them with Carnauba car wax. Meguiars is the polish of choice or Mothers but of the 2 Meguiars goes on and polishes quicker with less effort and lasts as long. Most truck drivers use Mothers polish or jeweleers rouge on wheels and chrome. Having owned a Petrbilt with the long hood I am into less work.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #16

Well bringing back a old thread.

I did not do the clay bar. Instead I went out and bought meguiars #50. This stuff works really really well. Easy to put on it cleans very well removed some old bugs and the odd black streak. Came off just as easy as it goes on. And even made the black window frames and plastic bits look like new.

My tralier is 20ft I only used a half bottle. Took the wife and me about 3hrs to do the whole tralier.

I recommend this product.
Fast0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:21 PM   #17

Mind you I have an old rig! But I like to wash it with 1/3 bucket of bleach and 2/3 water, with a little dish soap mixed in so I can tell where I am scrubbing. I just use a long handled brush and the bleach keeps the shine on for several weeks....
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast0ne View Post
Well bringing back a old thread.

I did not do the clay bar. Instead I went out and bought meguiars #50. This stuff works really really well. Easy to put on it cleans very well removed some old bugs and the odd black streak. Came off just as easy as it goes on. And even made the black window frames and plastic bits look like new.

My tralier is 20ft I only used a half bottle. Took the wife and me about 3hrs to do the whole tralier.

I recommend this product.
Good to know!
I just got the big bottle on Amazon for half price!
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #19

Good deal. Will make your tralier look really nice.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:30 PM   #20

You should'nt use dish detergent as it pulls the oils out of the finish.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:30 PM   #21

Did a quick wash and used the Meguiars #50 on the front and back side. Easy on, easy off and a great result! Both on the front of my rig which is white, and the back (and sides) which are red. The red is where is see the difference most vividly. The color is deep, bright and has a mirror finish. All the faded cloudyness from the winter in storage is gone! Even the decals/stickers look better.

What an excellent product. I can't wait to do the sides!
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:05 PM   #22

Good deal.

Ours went through a big rain storm last night. It still looked great today. I think I will keep using the meguiars wash and wax to keep things up.

But off camping tomorrow.

Tags
advice