Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-17-2007, 07:11 PM   #15
Here in Wa. on the mountain passes they require chains on vehicles over 10k. when traction tires are required (maybe advised). That will include most of us RVers. There can be a $150 fine if you don't carry chains during winter months. I'm sure other states have similar laws. There is some relief for 4X4 but won't take away the need for drag chains on trailer.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #16
Several times in Idaho I've had to chain up the big truck to get up the hill and then chain the trailer on the way down. That was when I was young & foolish, Now I'm just old and LAZY

"Fulltimin & Lovin It"
Peaceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:48 PM   #17
What part of Idaho were you in? I grew up in the Clearwater valley.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:58 AM   #18
Hi xc,
I contacted the link you supplied. They DON'T have every chain. I asked for LT 235/85 R16 & LT 265/75 R16. They DO NOT HAVE THEM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xc-mark:
this web page will have every tire chain known to man.... great to deal with , I got my plow truck stuff in 3 days. If your in the mountains I think chains on at least one trailer axel is a good idea . Towing my 4500 lb snow mobile trailer in the mountains in high winds and heavy snow I have never had a need to chain up the trailer , If you need chains on the truck to pull then its not a bad idea to have some on the trailer to stop and keep it strait !

http://www.tirechainsrequired.com/car-tire-chains.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
davtil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:21 AM   #19
I thought the same thing so I called...They have a set listed for the 235/85 R16 in the single wheel v- bar cam section in the truck section. Click on the big red plow truck to open it up.
Have the Best Day You Can

Grumpy Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:32 AM   #20
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dave De Valk:
Hi xc,
I contacted the link you supplied. They DON'T have every chain. I asked for LT 235/85 R16 & LT 265/75 R16. They DO NOT HAVE THEM.

Yes they do, maybe not exactly the type you wanted but they have something

LOOK UNDER TRUCK TIRES WIDE BASE FOR THE 265/75/lt16..... its listedhttp://www.tirechainsrequired.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1517

2001 Holiday Rambler 31' cks 10000 lbs loaded
2006 2500hd duramax/allison crew cab
xc-mark is offline   Reply With Quote