Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2014, 05:36 PM   #1

Sewer hose

New to Travel trailer camping need some input. What sewer hose do you use and how well does it work and where do you store it? Thanks
twosocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #2

Depends. My Prowler has a storage compartment in the rear bumper. I have been known to throw it (after a good cleaning ) in the bed of the 250 TV. till I get home to give it some time to dry out.
test drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Camco Rhino 15' flex with 10' extension and a hose support along with a Camco 45º clear fitting.( So you will see when the blank tank is clean). Wally world has everything you will need. Everything goes in plastic storage container.
Mike
Old 10-24-2014, 08:35 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I also have a Camco Rhino 15' flex with 10' extension but store mine in a home built Stinky Slinky Holder (5" PVC fence post with PVC eavestrough inside - two sections with end caps 1) for the sewer hose and extension 2) storage for rubber gloves, bar of soap and hand towel. Strapped it to the top of my rear bumper using extra long cable ties. I love this setup as everything is handy where I use it, power wash it down regularly and easy cleanup for myself after dumping.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:35 PM   #5

I use a Sewer Solution hose. Google "Sewer Solution" and you will be able to watch videos. Other than being easy to use, cleaner, more durable and easy to store I just enjoy using this well made product. A process that most don't like to do becomes much easier. It may take a little longer to flush but hey! I'm on vacation!
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:39 PM   #6

The cheap ones work just fine if you take care of them. I am on year 5 of a cheap one no holes or leaks. I store them, yes I said rhem in a pair of hose storage tubes mounted to the frame
Old 10-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #7

Go Rhino. And NOT the new deluxe one.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:02 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have an assortement.... But will give you the history
My Rig is a 2005, of course a hunk of junk sewer hose was included free from the dealer (Part of their starter pack) Believe it or not, that is the hose that I'm currently using (it is EXACTLY the length I need)

Have wore out two Rino-Flex,, not really that impressed by them

have a Camco self-storing hose (20 foot) this one comes in a plastic sleeve.

Have an "extension" hose this is either RED or ORANGE, it is a heavy duty sold at Camping world.. Rarley use it

Have a Tethford Smart hose. This is one I got last fall/winter and it is the hose I like best, though some others report issues with the cam-lock fittings. But I'm Impressed with it.

Storage

My gasser has a serious "Cut" to the back (The angle it angles up) and I bolted both a six inch PVC pipe and a 7" Square fence post up there.. Fence post holds the smart hose, Pipe held the original, extension plus a 15 foot Rino when I used the Rino.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Camco Rhino 15' flex with 10' extension and a hose support along with a Camco 45º clear fitting.( So you will see when the blank tank is clean). Wally world has everything you will need. Everything goes in plastic storage container.
Mike
X2 although i store mine in the bumper
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosocks View Post
What sewer hose do you use and how well does it work and where do you store it? Thanks
twosocks
One of these: Prest-O-Fit Blueline Ultimate Sewer Kit, was in my used coach when I bought it.
I've used it for 13 years, (105k miles), without a problem.
I store, (and carry), the hoses, (and the related accessories), in a plastic tote in a basement storage compartment.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #11

Thanks to everyone who Responded a lot of options out there this helped me to only buy once. thanks
twosocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What Mike said. The plastic storage container with lid keeps everything else clean, and is super easy to rinse out and spray with Lysol.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:36 AM   #13

Having replaced one rusted out bumper I now keep my hose in a plastic tube carrier mounted on the bumper. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #14

From Wal Mart, I think it is Camco. It was a kit that had the elbow and 2 ten foot section. I have 2 of these but have never needed more than 30 feet. I made a PVC storage tube 6 inches wide and 8 feet long. It is attached to the frame just in front of the wheels. Keeps the hose away from everything else.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote