Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-20-2015, 01:40 PM   #1
Slide Interior Obstructions

Considering several new 23-26Ft Rockwood/Flagstaff TT. When slide is closed it blocks either or both bath/refrigerator access. Grocery stocking or roadside lunch require opening the slide. Anyone dealing with this? Wear/tear on the slide a factor? Past units did not pose this problem.

oedamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2015, 04:03 PM   #2
I have a Crossroads Zinger 27RL with slide, but it does not block access to Bathroom, cabinets, or fridge. However, that being said, if I do stop for a quick lunch and the rig is at least close to being level, I always extend the slide and it has not effected the operation of it at all. On further note, I always stop at a place where extending the slide will not block access to others using the same area. The leading edge and corners of the inside portion of the slide are tilted up slightly above floor level and for this reason I am careful not to walk on the "lip" of the slide when it's retracted.

ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:27 PM   #3
In my TT, with the slides in, it is difficult to get to the kitchen sink, but easy access to the bathroom, and bathroom sink, as well as power panel.

We stop regularly while underway, in gas stations or walmart parking lots, to tend to personal duties as needed, without having to touch the slides.

BUT!!! The one issue I have had with our slides it I had a cupboard door that tended to pop open while towing. Forgot to check it one time and ripped it right out of the wall while trying to open up the slide.

That is one mistake I will NEVER make again. I will always check inside and out for slide obstructions.
2015 24' Rockwood UltraLite 2304DS behind '14 Diesel Jeep Grand Cherokee/'04 Hemi Ram 1500. Equal-I-Zer 4-Point 1000lb sway control.
scottandanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 03:25 PM   #4
My wildwood rear lounge has two entree doors the rear is blocked by one of the recliners when slide is in but my front door is right in front of the bathroom door so easy access to the bathroom and even my frig has enough room to get to with the slide in Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1443389116.548036.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	108138

2014 wildwood 27rlss
2005 Chevy 2500HD crew cab
Rich,242014 wildwood 27RLSS travel trailer
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD crew cab
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 single cab dump
rbleau6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #5

my outback passenger slide blocks access to kitchen, but bathroom and

bedroom and panel completely open.

sprayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:07 AM   #6
Ours blocks access to the head but by opening the slide about 4" access is okay. Ours is a rear kitchen so only access to the head is a problem with the slide in travel position.

Chowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

interior, slide