Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-04-2014, 05:44 AM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Slide operation

We have an older (early 90's) 30' Sunnybrook TT. It has a 14' slide. The slide control is a momentary push which activates the electric motor which then shuts itself off when fully extended or retracted. Problem is it only goes about 1/2 way before "loading up" and stopping. If a person "helps" push in either direction it goes all the way in or out.
Batteries are good - have cleaned and greased the tracks/rails...
Would there be an adjustment on the electronics that sense "load"? Do those electronics go bad?

Hal & Ginny Miller '04 Beaver Santiam PRT40
'04 Saturn Vue - US Gear Brake - Blue Ox tow
4 "girls" (3 Irish Setters - Retriever)
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2014, 07:16 AM   #2
Hal, typically this indicates something has increased the load/drag on the slide room itself. Perhaps a bad bearing? Roller? Yes it uses a load sensing controller. Generally the electronic controllers either fail or work, they usually dont become intermittent, and once adjusted, they do not wander out of adjustment. Any unusual streaks or scrapes on the underside of the slide? When fully closed examine the exterior slide trim and see if it appears to be square to the opening, or perhaps notice any "clean" areas where it may have once ridden against.

94-Newmar Kountry Star 40-KSDP
Spartan/Cummins 8.3C-300HP/Allison 3060 WTEC-II/25yr RV Tech RVIA Certified/Onan-Cummins Certified
94-Newmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
slide problems

I also have a Sunnybrook TT, I had a similar problem, would extend and retract only with help pulling or pushing. I though i had stripped a gear or something. took it to the dealer, they said it was out of adjustment. they adjusted it and replaced the fuse works fine now.
fisherman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks for the help folks...
Hal & Ginny Miller '04 Beaver Santiam PRT40
'04 Saturn Vue - US Gear Brake - Blue Ox tow
4 "girls" (3 Irish Setters - Retriever)
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #5
My new Eagle does this sometimes. On my unit there is a thermo breaker that plugs into the fuse block that handles the slides. If the slides are not running true or get in a bind I can hear this thermo breaker trip. After a few seconds I can hear it click back on automatically. As things get older they obviously are not as good as new and may have increased drag. Also motors wear out which may be the case here. Typically a worn motor will draw more current than a new one causing the breaker to trip. Just some thoughts.
2011 5.7l Toyota Tundra w/ Roadmaster Suspension.
2014 Jayco Eagle 338 RLTS w/ 7hp gen & 1000w invert.
PowerTwin II-30" Electric RV Leveling Stabilizer.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #6
Just wondering how often I should lube the slide mechanism? I have a 2013 TT and have not had any problems so far but don't want issues like yours down the line...

Englishman01 is offline   Reply With Quote