Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2016, 04:21 AM   #1

Slide out

Anyone know how to adjust the slide outs?
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2016, 11:56 PM   #2

I've adjusted the slides on 2 different 5th wheels... what I did, and what I suggest is to find out and understand who built your chassis.... go to the chassis builders web site and search that site for information/videos on making the adjustments....

I had been in for service and listened to one of the tech's share how to do it.. but when I went to the web site and researched the factory information I found that the tech really didn't know what he was talking about....

I followed the specific instructions by the builder and it took about 2 hours to get both slides right... If I had to do it again... I'm guessing maybe 30 min total...

I wish I could be of more specific help.... good luck..
Old 08-28-2016, 10:07 PM   #3

Thanks, I saw a sticker that says thor so I will check
Old 08-30-2016, 07:56 PM   #4

Completely in the dark here. What do you mean by adjusting the slide outs and what prompted you to feel they needed adjusting? Just purchased a new TT with 3 slide outs so I need and want to know.
Encpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encpirate View Post
Completely in the dark here. What do you mean by adjusting the slide outs and what prompted you to feel they needed adjusting? Just purchased a new TT with 3 slide outs so I need and want to know.

If a slide closes completely on one side, but leaves an air gap on the opposite, the mechanism needs adjusting.

There are (4) edges on a slide that MUST close completely, and they must compress the rubber seals every time you run the slide out... Or in.

Some of the "super slides" on today's big trailers can approach 15 feet long.

A 7foot tall by 15 foot long hole in the side of an RV can let in a significant amount of water if mis-aligned.
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:40 PM   #6

Sorry, been out of touch at work on a big project. Crossroads sent me the instructions to adjust mine. The slide seems to be ok but the bottom is a bit out for my comfort. I have to turn some bolts to get it to close more. If anyone needs them let me know and I will forward along.

Would be great if this forum had a section that contained these types of things for download.... Hint hint

Tags
slide, slide out