Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2015, 05:59 AM   #1

Slide Out Damaged Floor

Hello

Just found this damage to the flooring in our BRAND NEW Grey Wolf. Seems very little clearance between the floor and slide on this corner, as you can see, i think there is a piece of flooring still stuck under there. Any help ??

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	111_0396.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	86527   Click image for larger version

Name:	111_0398.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	86528  

Click image for larger version

Name:	111_0399.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	86529  
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2015, 06:13 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Obviously it needs to be adjusted so that it's not hitting in that area, then repair the flooring. It looks like the corner piece might be install on the slide too low. Not sure on that, without being right there.

At any rate, that should be covered at the dealer, under warranty, if it's brand new

BigBlockTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #3

Well, that sucks...I hope warranty will cover that.
Bucky Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:50 PM   #4

We bought it at Camping World in South Carolina, but will use the one in Pooler Ga. or Jacksonville Fl. much closer. Any opinions on which is better ???

Jim
Old 02-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I kind of had the same issue with my tt last year. If you can take a look at the slide track by pulling off the access panels, see if at the ends of the slide near the wall they used "roller" wheels to support the weight of the slide. The issue with mine was the bracket the "roller wheel" was attached to was not supported properly. There was a 1" by 4" board running under the whole length of the slide these roller wheel brackets where attached to. That end of the board was "sagging" down a inch or more. The sagging side it appears the factory in the build had nothing holding this support board the last 5 feet. This caused the slide to drop on one side about a inch.

During the course of the year the slide was a 1-1/4" above the flooring. By the time I took the rv in for service it was just about touching the floor.

I had mentioned this during my first year warranty punch list, but the service tech said it was within code. After the issues became more of a problem the factory said it was now outside my 2 year warranty. The RV shop who repaired the issue said it was a 100% build issue. The factory as a "good will" gester covered 3 or the 6 hours of service work. I still believe I was 1000% correct in the fact it was a factory design / build issue. A 5 year old could see that.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:26 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My slide is very close to the floor so I use a piece of plastic to protect it when it is moving. I know I shouldn't have to but the factory has already repaired the floor once and I don't want to go through it again. Just find your best linoleum floor repair guy and you won't even see the repair. But you will need a piece of the flooring.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:48 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Still, a new RV under warranty one should expect the issue to be corrected the right way, not a band-aid fix. The OPers slide either has dropped a bit or something is going on. It might be as easy as cutting off a little of that trim piece that did the damage to the floor. The floor still needs to be addressed.

How does that side of the side compare to the clearance on the other end of the slide? at the floor level.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:02 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Replacing all the flooring due to damage is just not possible as everything sits on it. So patching is the best way to go and a good flooring guy can do it so the repair can't be seen. I would contact the factory for advice.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:45 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Any good flooring guy can just cut out the 6" x 12" floor section and replace.

If I were the OP I would pull off the access panels to see what might be the cause. Only took me about 5 minutes to do that. When I pulled off mine I saw exactly what was happening. When I was in communication with Keystone's warranty people, they said they stand by any build issues on their products. Even after emailing 10 quality pictures and taking it to a Camping World, where even the service tech said it was a 100% build issue, Keystone restated every unit that leaves our factory is built correctly. Here are a few pictures I sent. Slide issue

Even the service tech can see the last 5 feet of the black board that is supposed to support the roller wheel bracket were missing the screws, causing that section to drop about a inch. This black board runs along the whole bottom of the slide (couch and kitchen) attached to the rv wall. Where the other 8 feet there were screws every 18". I'm going to assume the factory employee who was doing this might have gone on lunch and forgot to finish driving in the last few screws.

Shame on you Keystone.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:58 PM   #10

The other side of the slide has about an !/4 " of clearance to the floor, the effected side seems to be sitting dam near on the floor. I do agree, i can't see how they will replace the whole floor.Fix the clearance problem, and a good patch job,and i'd be happy. So far, we have really like our choice !!!
Jim
Old 02-21-2015, 09:44 PM   #11

Sometimes I'm amazed at some of the workmanship I see. I often wonder if the workers are sometimes not supervised, lack the necessary skills, or just don't really care. I've wondered the same about mobile homes too!
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
One side note, when I un-screwed the panels to see under the slide, I noticed all the factory "crap" left behind on the floor. (sawdust, 4-5 screws on the floor, pieces of cut off wiring, wire harness clips).

Also noticed, with the sink in the slide, the flexible drain hose was rubbing across the wheel well metal edge that had super sharp edges. I ended up bending or tapping them flat and adding a layer of duct tape along the edge. Every time the slide goes in or out the drain hose rubs against it.

My clearance is about 3/4' of an inch between the floor and cabinets.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:29 PM   #13

Well, will be picking up our unit from Camping World Jacksonville, slide ok, but adjusted the clearance between the skirt and floor. The flooring pattern is no longer available, so with my approval they patched it with excess material from under the bed , just couldn't see a total floor replacement fitting anywhere as good as factory. Told them if not happy with it , i want a new floor. Will see if i made the rite decision
Old 04-09-2015, 03:31 AM   #14

Just got our TT back from Camping World of Jacksonville, for the floor repair, the original flooring material was no longer available from Forrest River to replace the whole floor, so i agreed to a patch from extra material from under the bed. The repair is amazing,i would post a pic. except i can't (so far ) find any seem where the did the repair.
Unusual to hear/say this, but, great job CW !

Tags
slide, slide out