Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #1

Smile Slide-out manual control location.

We have a 2012 Coachmen freedom Express 246 RKS, with slide. We have not had a speck of trouble with it, using the electrical control. However, we have heard horror stories from others who have had problems. We would like to locate the manual control for this unit. The factory rep. was helpful via e-mail regarding this question. However, he replied it "could be" located here... or "maybe it is located there..." A couple of mid 70ers crawling around looking for the control in an emergency is not a pretty picture!! Can anyone tell us where this manual control is located? THANK YOU!!
Noopie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2016, 05:34 AM   #2

best bet.. a dealer that carries your brand of trailer....

they need to know .. for when units come in not working..

Factory Rep.. is a sales man. or a paper mover.
Chuck_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:21 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Your tt looks to be built like mine with the non (super slide) type of slide. Meaning the slide is not built into the frame of the trailer but built above the floor level. Much cheaper this way. I had a slide issue last year not related to yours, but I did have to take all the inside access panels off. The small slide motors did have a socket end you would be able to use a ratchet or wrench to operate. Might take a while, but at least it's a option. I would make sure you have the tools to remove the panels just in case you needed to get to the slide motors. Mine had square shaped screw slots.

My issue was a roller wheel that held up one end of the slide (heavier side with kitchen) was never supported right when the RV was built. Causing the slide to tilt 1" on one side. The factory stood by their statement that "Every RV that leaves our factory is 100% built and designed right". Even the tech who fixed it at Camp World said this was a 100% build issue. A 5 year old could see what was going on. That is why I'll be very hard pressed to buy another Dutchman / Keystone product. Looking at Winnebago's, Arctic Fox, Bigfoot....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, manual, slide