Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Forest River Owners Club
slideout won't slide in

we have a 2002 wildwood and the slideout won't slide back in

hornethockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
Originally Posted by hornethockey View Post
we have a 2002 wildwood and the slideout won't slide back in

Your option, save for a mic-a-nic is the hand crank which all have installed. It's you and a proper sized socket wrench.

That aside, is the motor running, but No Joy? The other one odd off (both my units) had an interlock with the drivers seat. If that wasn't as far forward as could be ... not going to happen. Retraction/extraction that is.

Another problem I've had was not enough power in the 12 volt system. Had to start the engine to provide enough power. Had this happen even though I'd been plugged into shore power (I thought that very odd, but an indication I needed new ones?)

fredaevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
If your slide is hydrualic it should have a manual crank lever in the storage compartment.The switch at the control should say manual. Flip it to that and crank it in from the bottom of the slide.t-handle fits rod extending from under slide. If it is electric you will have to find the motor.There will be a socket on the side of the motor to ratchet it in
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
Good call just above; either way .... a PAIN IN THE A$$.
fredaevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
Obviously the problem can be a few different things. For me recently the fix was replacing the Battery. Even though I previously had jumper cables on the old one to help it out it still wouldn't slide.
Rockdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
It wasn't stated (that I saw) the propulsion type your slide uses but we are in TT forum so I'm guessing electric like mine is. My trailer had been not used in years and the circuit breaker (automotive style) on frame rail had rusted up and couldn't make continuity. The wire eyelet connectors are probably rusted and corroded too. Worth checking. Any good auto parts store will carry them, or RV dealer. Less than $10. If that is the problem, replace the eyelets on wire too assuming there is enough wire to cut off old ones and strip insulation off of clean non corroded wire, use dielectric grease on all connections to fight off future rust and corrosion. I'm betting this could be your problem and surprised no one else mentioned it. Worth checking. Also check battery and connections, remove and clean connectors and reassemble with dielectric grease on them as well. I have a brand new deep cycle battery as big as they come at Walmart and it has to be nearly fully charged to operate my 14' super slide...

Let us know what ya find.

1988 SunLite Hideaway 9.5' TC project

1996 Ram 3500 Cummins dually highly modified
Bigblue12v is offline   Reply With Quote