Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #1

Slides won't open

We're getting ready to head out for our spring break trip, so my husband headed out to open the trailer. He has lights and the battery says full, but he can't hear the slide motors working or opening. Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem could be?
DDHB2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
It sure would help if the folks on here knew what they were trouble shooting, nothing in your signature to tell us what kind and model and year of unit you have. That really helps folks help you.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
It sure would help if the folks on here knew what they were trouble shooting, nothing in your signature to tell us what kind and model and year of unit you have. That really helps folks help you.
X2 Palehorse. I sit here lots of times and just shake my head and move on. Willing to help anyone, but we are not Psychic
Old 03-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #4

My knee jerk reaction is to check all breakers and UGF outlets and reset as many as you can find.

From experience a UGF in the bathroom controls the same curcuit as the TV in the living room. I would have never thought that until after I reset the UGF in the kitcken 5 times with no luck. Went into the bathroom reset the UGF and 'click' the TV came on.

My guess is you have the trailer plugged in at home on just a 15 amp service and that tripped s breaker or UGF.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #5

You said trailer, so my guess is the slides are 12 volt. Check the fuses. You could also have a low battery. Could have enough to light lights but not enough for the slide motors. Is it plugged into shore power ?
Old 03-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #6

I'm sorry I didn't provide enough information. I tried setting up a signature, but I'm on my phone, and I can't see them.

Yes, the RV was plugged in to the house. My husband crawled underneath, and found a dangling wire. The ground bolt sheared off. A trip to the hardware store and 20 minutes of work got it fixed.

Thanks for the fuse suggestion. It was on our list of items to check.
DDHB2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #7

Thanks for following up. Too many times folks fix their problem after much discussion and never tell us what happened.