Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #29

Blitz makes a stand that you can put a Blitz fuel container in. The stands have places that you can bungee the cans down and also places on the corners that you can secure the to the truck. The stands are also interlocking if you need more than one fuel container. We just installed two of these in our truck so we can carry a little extra diesel. We used zip ties and d rings to secure them. This arrangement is very stable. Can purchase the stands and fuel cans at WalMart, each about $10 each.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2011, 10:34 AM   #30

I have no doubt that Honda makes a good product. My Yamaha has many trouble free hours on it with no problems at all. I bought it because, as I previously posted, I found an in-box new one for $830, shipped right from Yamaha in WA. I was looking for Honda's at the time, and just came across the Yammy. That and it had better specs.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #31

If CRS doesn't kick in, I'm going to look for the Blitz stuff at WM. Thx for the tip.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #32

my vote/opinion is for the Yamaha they have one advantage they come with a fuel shut-off so you can always run the carb dry, not leaving fuel in carb to go bad while not being used. I always turn fuel off to stop geni unless it is to stop it to refuel.
this is retired geezers opinion for what it is worth.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #33

You can easily drain the float bowl on the Honda too, there is a drain tube pre-installed and all you have to do is turn a small screw to drain the bowl.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #34

Big fan of the Honda's here. I have two 2000i's - one is the companion model with a 30amp plug. I can use them in tandem to power the motorhome, or my stick built home when the power is out. I can also just use one to power the MH and keep the batteries topped off. I originally bought them for a Shave Ice business and them were perfect for that use. I also always add Marvel Mystery Oil to the gas - good preservative and keeps the top end lubed. I found the best price for a new unit at Wise Sales. You have to call or email for a quote but last I checked it was $840, no tax and free shipping.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #35

Solo Rvers Club
What is the difference between a Honda 2000i and a Honda 2000eu? Thank you in advance. Just curious.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #36

I made a threaded adapter for my Yammie and screw a Briggs & Stratton muffler into it. Knocks it down a db or two.

Here be the specs for the 2000s. This is why I went with the Yamaha, that and I got a super good deal.

Manufacturer Yamaha
Model Number EF2000iS
Engine Type OHV, Forced Air-Cooled, Four-Stroke, Single Cylinder
Engine Displacement 79 cc
Ignition System TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Fuel Tank Capacity 1.1 gal.
Continuous Operation Time 10.5 hrs
Maximum AC Output 2000 watts
Rated AC Output 1600 watts
DC Output Yes
Rated AC Current 13.3 / 16.7 amps @ 120V
Parallel Capable Yes
Rated Voltage 120V
Frequency 60 hz
Receptacles 10A 12V DC, 120V 20A Duplex
Noise Level 51.5 - 61 dBA
Dry Weight 44.1

Low oil shut down
Ac and DC breaker

Manufacturer Honda
Model Number EU2000i
2,000 watts max.
1,600 watts rated
Engine: 3.5 HP, 4 stroke, Single cylinder, overhead cam, air cooled
Starter: Recoil
Noise level: 53-59 dBa
Weight: 46.3 lbs. Dry

tank size: 1.0 gallons
Run time: 15.0/4.0 hrs. (1/4 load & Rated load)
DC output (Requires optional cable)
20" x 11.4" x 16.7" Dimensions (LxWxH)
Eco-Throttle - Engine RPM adjusts to amperage draw.
Low oil shut down
Ac and DC breaker
Old 12-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboPals View Post
What is the difference between a Honda 2000i and a Honda 2000eu? Thank you in advance. Just curious.
Sam ting. The official model number is EU2000i.

Honda Power Equipment - EU2000i
Grumpy ole man with over 50 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7,000-pound enclosed cargo trailer, RV is a 5,600 pound Skyline Nomad Joey 196S, and my tow vehicle is a 2012 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCrew.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #38

I'm looking around for a small generator to power the ac in an older class b. I take it a 2000w portable won't be enough to do the job? The only thing it would run is the roof ac and maybe a small microwave, as well as charging the house battery of course.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by straygoose View Post
I take it a 2000w portable won't be enough to do the job? The only thing it would run is the roof ac and maybe a small microwave, as well as charging the house battery of course.
A common 15k BTU AC draws 2050 watts and requires 16 amps to getter started. A Honda EU2000i produces only 1,600 watts in continuous operation such as running an AC.

With my Honda EU2000i, I can't even start the microwave. So I use the EU2000i only for overnight in cooler or cold weather, running the furnace and refrigerator and keeping the battery charged. It uses less than a gallon of gasoline overnight.

You can probably "get by" with a 3,000-watt generator, such as a Honda EU3000i, if you didn't run anything else with a heavy draw at the same time the AC was blaring, such as a microwave. Better would be two EU2000i tied together.

Smaller RVs sometimes have a 13,500 BTU AC. But those draw almost as many amps and watts as the 15k.

I used a Honda 5,000 watt peak, 4,500 watt continuous max generator with my fifth wheel when dry camping at Texas Motor Speedway. And even that generator grunted when the AC was running and someone used the Microwave. It used about 10 gallons of gasoline per day in hot weather (for the June Indy-Car races at TMS) if you ran the AC 24 house per day.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #40

I have a 13.5k BTU.

Well I'm not going to bother then. I rarely use the AC or micro, so 3K worth of generators ain't worth it. I can get by with solar for the batteries, and a magic fan.

Tags
generator