Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #15

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We have an appt this weekend with a local camping world and they have several of these listed to check out. They don't have very good reviews so I doubt we will buy from them, but should give us more options.
twas6630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2015, 12:16 AM   #16

Aerolite Ultralite "Zero Gravity" either the 242BHS or 282BHS. Coachman stands behind their products 100% of the time. They will work with you as a go between any of their preferred dealers.
RoadWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:11 AM   #17

Camping World is a great place to look because of the selection.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:07 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by twas6630 View Post
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We have an appt this weekend with a local camping world and they have several of these listed to check out. They don't have very good reviews so I doubt we will buy from them, but should give us more options.
I would highly suggest looking at Jeff Couch RV Nation. We just purchased our FR Vibe from them and the service and sales process of outstanding. We didn't even get to do a PDI, since it was being deliver. It arrived in outstanding condition with only very very minor issues, like faucet screens needing to be cleaned out and a few pieces of trim that weren't stapled to my liking.
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:28 AM   #19

Coachmen Apex 235BHS, dry weight 4277 lbs. :

Coachmen Apex 288BHS dry weight 4842 lbs.:

The above is nice that the dinette window looks out over the awning/campsite area. Helps when you have little ones to watch.

259BHSS dry weight 5330 lbs.

Coachmen Freedom Express 229TBS has that same floorplan you loved in the Lance, dry weight 5035 lbs.:

The 236BHS is a little lighter (4999 lbs. dry), similar configuration:
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #20

I just wanted to follow-up and thank everyone for the input. Loraura it was awesome to post your suggested models with floorplans. As an update we actually went to several places this weekend as Camping World ended up being pretty much just a Keystone dealer in reality, and most the ones we liked were really pushing the upper limits on the truck based on tools I've found on here and length we wanted.

We also went and looked at a bunch of Coachmen and found several we liked. We looked at Forest river mini-lites too and while those looked nice, they didn't have any of the bigger model and the dealer said they don't order them, and closest place that does is all the way down south on the Oregon border or all the way west in Spokane. We also found a few ultra lits and salem lites that we liked, but after researching when we got home, the dealer was giving us the box dimensions not the trailer dimensions and they were over 30'. Weight was ok, but given our lack of experience pulling trailers, we really don't want to go too big. We also stopped by Jayco to try to see the 23mbh, which it said they had online, but when we got there they said they were still on order and haven't come in yet, but they were going to e-mail us.

At this point on what we've seen we are debating a few of the Coachmen Freedom Express and the Lance 2185. Ironically the MSRPs are pretty close between the two, at least if we went with a slightly bigger Freedom Express(I can't recall the exact floorplan right now), but that dealer is discounting Coachmen quite a bit more. I think it's also cause it's the 2015 coachmen vs the 2016 Lance so that dealer is probably trying to clear out the space.
twas6630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:18 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by twas6630 View Post
I just wanted to follow-up and thank everyone for the input. Loraura it was awesome to post your suggested models with floorplans. As an update we actually went to several places this weekend as Camping World ended up being pretty much just a Keystone dealer in reality, and most the ones we liked were really pushing the upper limits on the truck based on tools I've found on here and length we wanted.

We also went and looked at a bunch of Coachmen and found several we liked. We looked at Forest river mini-lites too and while those looked nice, they didn't have any of the bigger model and the dealer said they don't order them, and closest place that does is all the way down south on the Oregon border or all the way west in Spokane. We also found a few ultra lits and salem lites that we liked, but after researching when we got home, the dealer was giving us the box dimensions not the trailer dimensions and they were over 30'. Weight was ok, but given our lack of experience pulling trailers, we really don't want to go too big. We also stopped by Jayco to try to see the 23mbh, which it said they had online, but when we got there they said they were still on order and haven't come in yet, but they were going to e-mail us.

At this point on what we've seen we are debating a few of the Coachmen Freedom Express and the Lance 2185. Ironically the MSRPs are pretty close between the two, at least if we went with a slightly bigger Freedom Express(I can't recall the exact floorplan right now), but that dealer is discounting Coachmen quite a bit more. I think it's also cause it's the 2015 coachmen vs the 2016 Lance so that dealer is probably trying to clear out the space.
I highly suggest you Google Jeff Couch RV Nation. Keep in mind that backing up a larger trailer is actually easier. Also, don't go too small or you'll regret it. You can usually tell the overall length of an RV by adding 5' to the model number. Example: 272bhs is 27.ft livable but actually 32' from bumper to hitch.
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote