Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2015, 09:05 PM   #29

Jayco Owners Club
We purchased our Micro Minnie this summer and have spent about 30 nights in it. We live in town and have a farm w/o a house about 30 minutes away.

We have found that the mattress is very good and have not run into any problems with fit and finish.

The reason we purchased that size was that we pull it with a 4Runner.
boater1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2015, 08:18 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by calico View Post
We just downsized last week. We owned a 34' Class A motorhome for 11 years and wasn't using it in retirement like we had thought. It was costing us nearly $100 a month just to own it. We sold it, took half the money, bought a 23' travel trailer, 11' shorter, and ten years newer. Will save on storage space in our out building and much cheaper annual costs.
We are in the process of downsizing also. Been full timing in a 40' motorhome. We were not traveling as much as we thought we would. We sold the MH last weekend and we are having a 34' Arctic Fox TT built to be delivered in November. We are now in a 28' Nash until then. We are excited to get the AF. We have had a tent camper, 1 casita, 2 converted buses, 5 airstreams, 1 5th wheel, 1 MH and now back to TTs. Quite n adventure!!
SAFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:37 PM   #31

Mines a 2013 model no park cable option but very happy so far, Just installed electric jack and front stabilizers .first trip coming up to denver next month.
buddaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 01:19 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcan View Post
We stayed away from the ultra light models, as I'm hoping the nash will be a bit more sturdy to go boondock in those off the beaten path places ... all the research we did seems to indicate that they are a little tougher built, and can extend our season a bit with the added insulation. Not that we are going heavy off roading, but the expectation is that the trailer will last us longer overall if we don't stay on pavement all the time.
I can pull this with my 1500 Silverado, but next truck I think I'll upgrade to a 2500 just for the extra comfort and safety margin.
We had a Nash 22H for several years. It was very well built and we pulled it throughout western Canada and U.S. with a GMC 1500 that had the 5.3 engine.

Our only complaint was it didn't have a walk around bed.

I sold it to a friend of mine and they used it several years and then they bought an Arctic Fox 5th wheel.

Nash builds a good product.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:32 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No You can still get 20 and smaller TTs However what you are seeing is a combination of two things.

One is a tendency of folks starting out to want bigger and bigger.. But more than that it is "Trade up" syndrome As more and more folks figure out that the RV lifestyle is a lot of fun.. They want to spend more and more time in the RV.. now when I was weekending and 2-weeking my 13 foot Scamp was ideal.. But now that I live in a house on wheels.... Well, the 38' Class A is a much better ideal. Still.. I kind of miss that scamp.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:39 PM   #34

Check out the brand new Winnebago "Winnie Drop" 1780WD.
SO COOL!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150923_110524-2-1024x768.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	108380  
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:46 AM   #35

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Went from tent (1986-1999) Coleman pop-up (99' - 05') 2005 25' Aerolite hybrid (05' - 12') and now 2013 Aerolite 26' hybrid. Kind of kicking tires for the "next" RV. Entering retirement next year. The DW seems to think a RV (tt) 30' or 34' is no big deal. I'm leaning more in the 26' to 28' range. The problem is we tend to camp in more out of the way places like state parks and national park campgrounds which might involve narrow roads to get to.

There seems to be a void of available tt's in the 24' to 30' range. My must haves are: 64"+ couch, larger shower / bathroom, large fresh water tank preferably 50 gallons or more , aerodynamic front cap and last and not least Quality Unit. I'm willing to pay for quality. Had Artic Fox in mine, but no one east of the Mississippi carries them. Went to two Winnebago dealers this summer who said they carried the Winnebago One (now the Ultra), but when we got there they said they no longer carry them. Her #1 "want" is a dedicated bed for my 21 year old son.

The problem with that is any bunk house is going to be well over 30' if it also has my 64" to 70" couch.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:47 AM   #36

My 2301BH has a flip up queen bed that converts into a couch. Woks surprisingly well and ads a lot of storage underneath.
The brand new 2455BHS does not have a couch, but does have a large U dinette and the XL bunks in the back.
Wish they had that when I bought mine.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:19 PM   #37

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
The DW seems to think a RV (tt) 30' or 34' is no big deal. I'm leaning more in the 26' to 28' range. The problem is we tend to camp in more out of the way places like state parks and national park campgrounds which might involve narrow roads to get to.
Exactly what drove my choice of the ORV 19B, 21 foot long body, 24' total length. Some .gov campgrounds have length limits. I'm a very experienced driver of all kinds of rigs, so I can probably get my truck and trailer into a lot of places others wouldn't even consider trying, and some camping spaces in campgrounds just aren't long enough for a long trailer, much less the truck to pull it also.

Quote:
There seems to be a void of available tt's in the 24' to 30' range. My must haves are:
Some folks end up buying out of their area to get what they want. Outdoors RV doesn't sell in your area, for example, but they have a decent line up that includes Arctic Fox, Nash, Outdoors RV, etc.
http://northwoodmfg.com/
http://www.outdoorsrvmfg.com/
Old 09-30-2015, 05:59 PM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Were planning a trip to Alaska next year, so will see who makes what west of the Mississippi....

Looked thru the OutdoorRV website...just didn't see anything under 30' with a couch and extra bed. I did like that they had large water tanks and beefy suspensions.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:10 AM   #39

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think you're gonna have a hard time finding a trailer that meets all of your needs.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:21 AM   #40

The Dutchmen Kodiak 255BHSL
28' long
52 gallons fresh water
Bunks and couch and dinette.
Good size bath and shower
They seemed well made... we almost bought one.

Does not have a fancy cap, though I question the effectiveness aerodynamically.