Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-28-2015, 11:22 AM   #15
Winnebago Owners Club
If you are at Mt Rushmore another good place to go is Crazy Horse Memorial. Also like Deadwood.

Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2015, 03:14 PM   #16
Just south of Mt Ruchmore visit "Wind Cave National Park" hundreds of underground caverns...tours range from a few hours to days of underground camping if you have the right equipment...an amazing place and worth the visit.

Boomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:02 PM   #17
Send a message via Skype™ to SCTeacher
Thanks to all with suggestions. All are being considered as we enter the final phase of preparations.
SCTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:10 AM   #18
One final warning before you depart...as you venture into the western states keep in mine that there are long stretches of highway without any gas stations. Try to remember this....watch your gas gauge and try to top off your tank whenever your supply is low. I encountered more than one situation when I was just about bone dry before I came upon a fuel stop. Several veteran western travelers told me to think hard before I passed any gas station with a half tank or less! Montana and Arizona seemed to space gas stations very apart. It all depends on the route you take.

Make sure you have spare tires for both TV and Trailer as desert heat can be hard on tires. I lost two trailer tires to heat related blow outs...it was then that I realized the benefits of having two axels and four tires for stability.

Enjoy your trip!
Boomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:35 AM   #19
so *&*&^%$%^ ready for camping.

Brought my wife home yesterday, from her hip replacement; what a miracle! They have a "new process" where they go through the front of the hip, do the replacement, and super glue the incision. She has, "no pre- cautions, other than no driving until her first follow up appointment in a couple of weeks.

Forecast calling for 3" today; although there's only 8"-9" of snow on the curb side slide out, the rest of the 5er is clear. (And, looking out the window at 6:00 a.m., those are definitely "snow clouds.) The biggest
problem is, the lawn too wet to pull the trailer back up into the driveway, and my truck is still is the shop from the restoration; they're supposed to be detailing it today and tomorrow, and the new mirror is supposed to be in Wednesday. So; God Lord willing, and the creeds don't rise much more, and we'll be on the road in four weeks, five at the most!! Happy camping to those who can!
2003 Duramax
2010 CrossRoads Cruiser
loulyn147602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #20
Well the first trip is in the books. Had a great time. Pretty windy so unable to have a campfire but did get to cook outside on charcoal pit. All systems worked well. Had a full hook up site so got to take our time with the black and grey systems. Did not get in any hurry and all went well. Cool at nite so we were able to use windows and not air conditioning, but ran it enough to make sure it cools well, had wife hunting cover the first nite. Using a camco charcoal water filter but water still had a (fishy smell and taste). Think maybe we need to invest in a better filter. All in all a great trip. Thanks to all on this board, have been lurking for a while and the information here helped to make it easy.

Alan-Texas is offline   Reply With Quote