Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #1

Smile So ready to go camping

Just purchased a new Palomino Canyon Cat 25rkc. First time trailer owner. We are so ready to get camping. Will go out this Sunday for a shake down run. It is hard to wait. Have been reading and studying these forums so hopefully all will be great.
Alan-Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2015, 02:27 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Alan

Glad to have you here with us. It's always exciting when you take a new RV out for the first time.
I wish you lots of luck with yours. Let us know how your trip goes.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:41 PM   #3

We are so ready to get camping." We couldn't agree more! We've actually had three days of sunshine in a row, with temps in the low 40's!!! Snow is 98% gone from on top of the RV, and the driveway is entirely clear. Of course, we don't consider ourselves "safe" from snow until after Mother's Day, but ya never can tell! Happy camping, enjoy!
loulyn147602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:39 PM   #4
VTR

Right now we are in Taos, New Mexico. First trip of the year, nice to be out. Weather has been great. Getcha on out there!
VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:42 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis

I can't agree with you more! We're going the weekend after Easter for our first trip this year. I'm just hope it warms up here in Michigan.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:14 AM   #6

Thank you for the welcome. Sunday just can't get here fast enough. Weather forecast is for warm and sunny Sunday and Monday but rain on Tuesday and Wednesday, however this is Texas so we will just have to wait and see.
Alan-Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:47 AM   #7

We're ready too!

Our first planned trip was set for a week at Lake Towakani at the end of April into the first of May. Wife reminded me that she's got Good Friday off, so I scrambled to get a booking for that weekend.

Look out Lake Whitney, here we come!
Old 03-26-2015, 09:05 AM   #8

so ready for camping...

You people living down south really irritate. Okay, YOU don't irritate me, your we, weather does. Snow is down to about 1 foot on top of the camper, which is parked on my 2X10's in my lawn, The problem is, because it's facing south, the area between the front of the trailer, and the concrete driveway is devoid of snow, but if I try to move the trailer before the ground firms up it'll sink to it's axles. (I know this from experience, and a $250.00 towing bill, because my 2500 Duramax couldn't pull it from that much mud...it was suck so deep, there was only 2-3" between the mud and the skirts around the wheel wells!)
So, when you're setting out at the campfire this week-end, drink a Captain and Coke for me, and a Margareta for my wife. Happy camping, folks!
loulyn147602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to SCTeacher
Time to go camping!

Right there with you on being ready! We are starting a 2 1/2 month bucketlist trip to the Grand Canyon and beyond next week. I am so excited! Planned stops are shown here.
SCTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:24 PM   #10

My camper is still snowed in....about 6 feet of snow drifts yet to melt. Living up on the Vermont/New York Border gives us a somewhat shorter camping season.
Made a reservation for a lakefront site up in the Adironadcks for a week starting on May 26th.

If you enjoy camping in a natural setting and find yourself anywhere in the northeast take a look at this site.....campadk.com....this one covers just about all the State Park Campgrounds in the Adirondack Park, a 6 million acre area of mixed forever wild wilderness mixed with small local towns and some private property. The site features pictures of just about every site...picture directory is color coded to identify lakefront sites and indicates maximum size trailer that will fit on each site...a lot of work went into this campsite directory.
There are more lakes than you could ever count and some great fishing.
The state parks offer large campsites with bathroom facilities with showers and flush toilets. Plenty of fresh water taps to fill your RV water tanks and dump stations. If you love nature this is the place to be in the summer!....winter...not so much....check it out!
Happy Camping!!
Boomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #11

For SCTeacher: I checked out your trip stops and would like to suggest you might consider adding a few. Consider Mesa Verde National Park (Indian cliff dwellings),
you will be very near them...when at Mt Rushmore take the short drive south to Wind Cave National Park.....since Mt Rushmore only takes a few minutes to view you will have plenty of time to explore the underground wonders at Wind Cave N.P.
If you have time also consider a stop at Pikes Peak in Colorado...take the cog railway up to the summit...a fantastic experience!
My family took a similar trip back in 1987. If you plan on a visit to Yellowstone be sure to budget several days as there is a lot to see. Call ahead to secure a campsite anywhere at or around Yellowstone as this is one very popular park.

Happy Camping!
Old 03-27-2015, 07:29 PM   #12

Well, I am just itching to get my camper out the camp resort. Although the pool isn't open yet I long to hear the birds in the morning while I hold my fresh cup of joe and feel the still chilly bite in the air as I look around at the not ready trees. I want a roaring fire to sip my rum and coke to. Problem is I changed jobs last year and now work nights and most of the weekend leaving me exhausted and with limited time to enjoy any trips.....

hoping to get there soon.......
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:31 AM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to SCTeacher
Boomster: Thanks so much for your feedback! I will contact Yellowstone today to see about reservations. Now I am nervous about getting in. Will definitely add the stop at Mesa Verde National Park. You are the second person to recommend it, just was not sure of the exact name.
SCTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:51 AM   #14

SCTeacher, Try to get into a Yellowstone campground near the center of the Park.
The park is huge and it will tale several day trips within the park to see it all.
Back in 1987 we stayed at "Fishing Bridge" and that location worked well for Park viewing. It also had Full Hook-up sites. I have no idea if it is still in existence.

Enjoy your Trip!

Tags
camping