Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #15

How long would you 'leave it there'? Would you stay there on weekends. How close are the neighbors?

Doppers new weed money in your wacky state. They might take your stuff to buy weed.

Good luck

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #16

We purchased a 10+ acre plot of land in Pennsylvania and put a TT on it connected to a septic system. We cut trails and made it our personal camp site. Unfortunately after a while of enjoyment we would arrive at the property only to find out the door was ripped open and the place ransacked. People would help themselves to whatever we had. We then purchased a small sea container and put an industrial lock on it.....they still broke in. It really took a lot of the pleasure out of going up there. You never knew what you were going to find when arriving there. I would do it again...just wouldn't ever purchase in that area of PA. I would also start out with cameras ready to capture whatever wandered into camp.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:25 AM   #17

I'm not sure where a safe place would be,totally unattended and in a remote (hidden) location. Thiefs are eveyrwhere, maybe some place waaaaaay back in the boonies ????

Jim
Old 06-04-2014, 06:53 AM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to Biken201
Thieves are, unfortunately, wherever you leave your stuff...

2014 Arctic Fox 31D
2011 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 Cummins
Old 06-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
I'm not sure where a safe place would be,totally unattended and in a remote (hidden) location. Thiefs are eveyrwhere, maybe some place waaaaaay back in the boonies ????

Jim
Even the boonies have a wandering hunter once in awhile. And if they are dishonest and see or even suspect anything of value MIGHT be in a RV, They are going to break in at some point. It's a shame but that's been my experience and many others I am friends with.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #20
VTR

We bought land in a community that is, well, lets just say we pay fees. It is a place where RV folks, and cabin (some full time) folk have decided on. There is a dump station, water, a community center etc.. The trailer is up there has I type, we decided to take our chances a leave it. I think I was out voted by another TT owner we caught on his property asking if he ever had any problems. Never in five years of doing it he said, and he just pulled up to leave his rig till July 4th. We also met our neighbor and if wife, Dennis walked on my spot early one morning and said "nothing ever happens up here, besides we will keep an eye out. I am however kind of a wreck about it! We left Sunday and I raced out a storm heading my way, later I hear a tornado landed close to us in Fairplay Co.. While driving home I hear from my wife that my Mom just fractured her pelvic bone (89 yrs. old) all while driving home. We put up some post and are going to hook up a heavy duty chain for the entrance. But, that storm did it hail, the temps might of fallen any where from 22 to 36 near our location. Anyway, its being left for just a few days, someone will be up there by wed..
Old 06-09-2014, 11:01 PM   #21

Send a message via Yahoo to Biken201
Sounds like your circumstances made the decision for you. It's good to hear that the neighbors are watching out for things, because I've found it's one of the best defenses against bad guys (or gals) messing with your stuff. I wouldn't spend much time worrying about things, because what's gonna happen is gonna happen. You've made an informed decision, and it sounds like a pretty safe place. I wish you luck and a happy return to your camper/campsite!

BTW: We wish your Mom a quick recovery!

- 2011 Ram 3500 DRW
- 2014 Arctic Fox 31D

Tags
purchase