Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2018, 07:02 AM   #1

Solaire 211BH

Hi, New to the travel trailer forum so I wanted to share the good bad and ugly of our new 2019 solaire 211 bh. My wife and I purchased a new Solaire, we really like the floor plan and colors of this trailer. The exterior looks well put together, before our purchase the dealer let me really look it over including walking the roof. I looked at it very closely at the seams, chalking, screws, lights, nuts and bolts, doors, seals, underneather and glass as I am automotive mechanic almost 40 years. So far so good lots of rain here and no visible leaks. So far I give the exterior a thumbs up and I know that could change later. The interior is the bad. Its small stuff and I realize it comes with territory, Trim pieces above bathroom door falling off so I glued backer wood and got that fixed, Screws they missed before realizing they damaged trim which I installed aluminium trim to cover which came out really nice. Then I stood on edge of shower which broke 1x1 wood stud which I removed and am going to beef up with 2x4. I know some of you are thinking just take it back to dealer. I will if something major happens but this is minor stuff that I will make better than warranty work would ever be. Anyway its coming along and I will keep you posted. Thanks for reading
randyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2018, 09:00 AM   #2

I am with you, I only took a trailer back to the dealer to fix things I can not fix or make better. I took a trailer back to the dealer to fix and repaint a scrape I put on the trailer by using a tree.

Most things I can fix better and more permanent.

Ever see the kids they have working in the RV repair business. I was at one dealer and I bet no one was over 25.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 10:48 AM   #3

Smile Welcome

Welcome to iRV2! I sympathies with your issues. Some of us could compete to see whose was the worst, but to no purpose. Your experience is not uncommon.
My TT is a year old. Next week I will take it on the trip I planned for a year ago. It now works the way I expected it to when I bought it. I hate shoddy workmanship and design, but I enjoy successfully correcting problems. So for a retired guy, it is all ok.
I wish you a happy new year hope you follow many happy trails!
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 03:36 PM   #4

As soon as the snow and cold stops here me and the wife plan on camping right here at the house to see what else might break. I wanted to buy used trailer just to know its broke in but we couldnt find anything we liked.
randyrv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air