Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2016, 01:24 PM   #155

Ali ... you're spending so much time on these mods. Do you ever go camping? You can only admire the TT for so long and then you have to get out there and give it some character scratches !!

MBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #156

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
If the tongue is level I will know the fridge is level.
Oh my, some kids, they can learn so fast!

Old 07-05-2016, 03:52 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirch View Post
Ali ... you're spending so much time on these mods. Do you ever go camping? You can only admire the TT for so long and then you have to get out there and give it some character scratches !!

Lol. I've been a few times already and we leave again this weekend and then we are away the following weekend. So no fear, I am using it lol.

I just received my back up Cameras so I am itching to get this installed today/tomorrow before we go away. Wish me luck!!

So excited my friends!! 😆😆
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
Oh my, some kids, they can learn so fast!

I'm all ears 1bigmess. One thing for sure I will always bow down to you oldies' knowledge on TT'S. Lol
Old 07-05-2016, 11:06 PM   #159

So... as you know I tried installing a cheap back up camera from ebay, trying to save some money but it was a dismal grainy picture and I would have had to guess where my rear was everytime and it even cut out many times. I didn't even finish the install and thank God I tested it before any mounting.

So today my new 4Ucam back up system (two cameras) arrived and I was just itching to install it. As with me I always take 3 times longer than any one of you experienced folks would do but I just didn't want to have any mishaps etc.

The hardest part was fishing the wires through the small hole I made in the back top "bumper" to get to the 12v running lights.

I have to admit I'm glad I spent the extra money because I got a two cameras and the picture quality is outstanding. No drops, no grainy pic at all. The monitor is a 7" screen and can support up to 4 cameras.

This system also has an SD card slot so I can actually record my journey which is another wish off my list. So glad I got this one.

Now I can see who is behind me always on the road AND the other camera is to check I'm not going to hit anything when I reverse into a site etc. Unsure if I want to add any more cameras. . I just can't see why I would need them.

Tomorrow I will mount the monitor properly, just ran out of time.

I also took a pic of my coupler lock that I got for the TT. I live in a wonderful neighbourhood but I'm taking no chances with this TT.

I also put up a little shelf above the kitchen sink that made a huge difference for the wife.

I always keep telling her it's the little things (wink) that make the big difference. So far she has bought into that lol

Here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467781162957.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	132186   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467781197167.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	132187  

Name:	1467781233599.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	132188   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467781250788.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	132189  

Name:	1467781263127.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	132190   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467781280921.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	132191  

Name:	1467781302737.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	132192   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467781315827.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	132193  

Old 07-06-2016, 04:38 AM   #160

Looks good. I'm wanting to do the same thing. Since they are wired with the running lights, will they only turn on the the running lights are on? Not sure how that works.
skiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:03 AM   #161

Ali, that is a wireless system correct ? A great job of wiring !!!! But why both camersa on the back of the TT ? Instead of one TT, one truck ?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:29 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiles View Post
Looks good. I'm wanting to do the same thing. Since they are wired with the running lights, will they only turn on the the running lights are on? Not sure how that works.
Yes, both cameras come on when I connect up the power cable to the RV from the truck and switch on the running lights. I didn't want them on when you only reverse, I want them on and kept on for as long as I switch on the running lights on the truck.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Ali, that is a wireless system correct ? A great job of wiring !!!! But why both camersa on the back of the TT ? Instead of one TT, one truck ?
Hey Jim, yes this is a digital wireless system so you don't get interference like with analogue wireless systems.

The wiring was only for the power from the running lights.

I didn't need any cameras on the truck as its fully loaded with built in sensors and back up camera of its own. When the TT is attached, I can never see what's directly behind me on the road and this alleviates that problem. However the back up camera on the truck is a godsend for aligning the coupler and hitch. It's so easy.

And thank you for you kind words my friend.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfusion View Post
Beautiful truck! I love my Ram...2016 SLT...towing with the 8 speed is a huge difference.
Yes, that 8 speed is one sweet transmission. I have the ecoDiesel with the 8 speed. I can't believe how smooth it runs.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #165

Question on the camera system, I saw a reviewer who was struggling because the camera is not reversed, as it would appear in a rear view mirror. Instead, the cars coming past him on the left, are really on his right, and vice versa. Is that easy to get used to, or do you have to think about it before changing lanes?

Dan
2015F150 4x4 XLT 5.0
2013 Jayco Jayflight 28BHBE 28'
Old 07-20-2016, 06:53 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFromGC View Post
Question on the camera system, I saw a reviewer who was struggling because the camera is not reversed, as it would appear in a rear view mirror. Instead, the cars coming past him on the left, are really on his right, and vice versa. Is that easy to get used to, or do you have to think about it before changing lanes?

Dan
2015F150 4x4 XLT 5.0
2013 Jayco Jayflight 28BHBE 28'
Dan, No the reviewer is wrong. Probably didn't know how to change the settings. You can flip the pic around to you hearts content. I know this as I had to reverse it like my rear view mirror. Works great.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #167

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
So... as you know I tried installing a cheap back up camera from ebay, trying to save some money but it was a dismal grainy picture and I would have had to guess where my rear was everytime and it even cut out many times. I didn't even finish the install and thank God I tested it before any mounting.

So today my new 4Ucam back up system (two cameras) arrived and I was just itching to install it. As with me I always take 3 times longer than any one of you experienced folks would do but I just didn't want to have any mishaps etc.

The hardest part was fishing the wires through the small hole I made in the back top "bumper" to get to the 12v running lights.

I have to admit I'm glad I spent the extra money because I got a two cameras and the picture quality is outstanding. No drops, no grainy pic at all. The monitor is a 7" screen and can support up to 4 cameras.

This system also has an SD card slot so I can actually record my journey which is another wish off my list. So glad I got this one.

Now I can see who is behind me always on the road AND the other camera is to check I'm not going to hit anything when I reverse into a site etc. Unsure if I want to add any more cameras. . I just can't see why I would need them.

Tomorrow I will mount the monitor properly, just ran out of time.

I also took a pic of my coupler lock that I got for the TT. I live in a wonderful neighbourhood but I'm taking no chances with this TT.

I also put up a little shelf above the kitchen sink that made a huge difference for the wife.

I always keep telling her it's the little things (wink) that make the big difference. So far she has bought into that lol

Here are the pics.

Which model number did you order for your package?

What was the cost of this project? Approx. how many hours on your install?

Thx
Old 09-27-2016, 02:49 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukzin View Post
Which model number did you order for your package?

What was the cost of this project? Approx. how many hours on your install?

Thx
Hello bukzin,

This is the model I got.
Digital Wireless car backup camera color 7 inch monitor RV Truck Trailer Rear View Backup Wireless Camera RVCam Day & Night Vision

I really love it. Works great and give me 10x more confidence on te road and backing up.

I loved it so much that I went and bought a third cameras.

Its also featured in the link.. called Mini Camera and transmitter.

This is a mini camera that looks inside my RV in case some thing is wrong inside while I drive.

After getting it I felt a bit extravagant about the purchase but believe it or not on our maiden voyage with this camera it paid for itself. I'm driving along for about 10 mins and I check the camera inside and wow the fridge door managed to open wide. Dw thinks she didn't close it properly and wow, we stopped and closed it asap. Saved all the food and would have ruined our getaway. Couldn't believe our good luck. I will upload picks of that mod soon and more mods too.

The first two cameras that came with the unit took me a couple hours to install. Honestly most of that time was deciphering where to splice into at the back. They are crystal clear, the colours are a little off true colours but who cares, I just need to know who's behind me and if I'm going to hit something when I reverse. These cameras are fully controllable by the control panel on the LCD monitor. The LCD will take an SD card too up to 32Gb so you can record your journey, although I haven't tested this feature out yet but will very soon.

The mini camera does not have the infra red led so its a little more grainy but still a very clear respectable picture. If you buy cameras outside of the pack they are not controllable by the monitor although you can still see them. Ie you cannot flip them etc. Only the cameras that come with the package can fully do that. The mini camera took me about an hour to install. Hardest part was where to mount and how to mount. Its now mounted where you can barely even see it but looks into the RV from the bedroom to the kitchen/diner and to the end of the RV

I got the first kit for $399 then added a mini camera $139. Add a bit Shipping. I bought a few butt connectors $5

Well worth the money.

I have to say overall I'm really happy with the system. The website they have is a basic and not very helpful website as it doesn't contain a sufficient info on the products you're buying. The customer service is good when I couldn't figure a few things out but be patient with the language barrier. The owner Joe is very helpful and does all he can to resolve any problems that you may have. If the website I improved this company will go far.

Hope that helps.

Tags
upgrade