Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-09-2016, 08:25 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 330
back up camera

take power from the very top of the back of the trailer lights, are there

mounting instructions in the box. shouldn't take more than an hour.

check youtube good video.

Jim
__________________

__________________
sprayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2016, 10:23 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
rideandslide's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Waynesville Georgia
Posts: 1,102
Top !!!! Water runs down hill !!!
__________________

__________________
Lovin Our Grey Wolf 26RL !! Jim & Pat
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:54 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 7
Great mods, thanks for sharing. Can you share some more details on how the Odroid c1+ works? Was there a lot of programing you needed to do to set it up? Looks very interesting.

Thanks!
__________________
ClarkGriswol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:10 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
TheMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswol View Post
Great mods, thanks for sharing. Can you share some more details on how the Odroid c1+ works? Was there a lot of programing you needed to do to set it up? Looks very interesting.

Thanks!
I run a media server at home which delivers all Content by streaming it to all our TV'S throughout the house in full HD using the Odroid boxes at each TV location.

Because the RV is close to the house and our wifi, I can stream movies and all other content on the RV tv now too.

Naturally when we are away we will not be able to stay connected to the media server so all we do is put our content on to a USB drive and it plays it straight from there, just like from your hard drive from a computer. Or you can connect an huge external HD and watch until the cows come home

The Odroid C1+ is running andriod 4.4 and has KODI on it to which I use to connect and stream from my media server.

No real programming required but if you are not technically minded do not go this route... buy a pre installed andriod box.

I used to have 5 apple TV'S at my house and boy what a $/^&* they were. And I was a apple fan boy for almost 8 years! Too restrictive in EVERY way you can think of and always needed restarting as they kept freezing all the time.

We can now watch a lot of TV channels for free on the andriod box. Not that I watch TV we only use it to stream the content that WE desire onto our TVs.

Hope that helps.
__________________
___________________
2016 Lance 1995
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn (Custom)
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:14 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
TheMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayman View Post
take power from the very top of the back of the trailer lights, are there

mounting instructions in the box. shouldn't take more than an hour.

check youtube good video.

Jim
Mounting instructions were the size of a postage stamp. Pathetic. I thank you for your advice and will do this mod real soon. I will be ecstatic if I get this camera to work.
__________________
___________________
2016 Lance 1995
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn (Custom)
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:02 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Oregon
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
I run a media server at home which delivers all Content by streaming it to all our TV'S throughout the house in full HD using the Odroid boxes at each TV location.

Because the RV is close to the house and our wifi, I can stream movies and all other content on the RV tv now too.

Naturally when we are away we will not be able to stay connected to the media server so all we do is put our content on to a USB drive and it plays it straight from there, just like from your hard drive from a computer. Or you can connect an huge external HD and watch until the cows come home

The Odroid C1+ is running andriod 4.4 and has KODI on it to which I use to connect and stream from my media server.

No real programming required but if you are not technically minded do not go this route... buy a pre installed andriod box.

I used to have 5 apple TV'S at my house and boy what a $/^&* they were. And I was a apple fan boy for almost 8 years! Too restrictive in EVERY way you can think of and always needed restarting as they kept freezing all the time.

We can now watch a lot of TV channels for free on the andriod box. Not that I watch TV we only use it to stream the content that WE desire onto our TVs.

Hope that helps.
I've been running a media server for many many years and while i'm not a fan of kodi this may be of interest to you. Kodi forked, again, SPMC is the fork built specifically for android. It seems the kodi devs aren't too interested in supporting android anymore so one dev left to start that fork.

I would say if someone isn't technically minded, buy a roku. I mentioned above that's what I bring in my trailer. Along with a USB stick. Though at home I use a wide array of devices.
__________________
2015 Ram 2500 6.7 cummins, Crew Cab
Mid 2016 Outdoors RV Creekside 23DBS, w/backcountry x4 and armor options.
archer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:37 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
rideandslide's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Waynesville Georgia
Posts: 1,102
Ok !!!! Get pissed at me ! We are camping, to enjoy the outdoors, we stay outside to dark( unless there is a monsoon ) and after that, we may pop a movie into the DVD. So what's all this multimedia !!!!!." WE ARE CAMPING"
__________________
Lovin Our Grey Wolf 26RL !! Jim & Pat
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:55 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Oregon
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Ok !!!! Get pissed at me ! We are camping, to enjoy the outdoors, we stay outside to dark( unless there is a monsoon ) and after that, we may pop a movie into the DVD. So what's all this multimedia !!!!!." WE ARE CAMPING"
Oh I totally agree. But when it's raining and we've all played board games to death it's another option.
I've been out 3 times this year and it rained constantly on 2 of those and briefly on the 3rd.
__________________
archer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:36 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
TheMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Ok !!!! Get pissed at me ! We are camping, to enjoy the outdoors, we stay outside to dark( unless there is a monsoon ) and after that, we may pop a movie into the DVD. So what's all this multimedia !!!!!." WE ARE CAMPING"
Options. I hate using phones and tablets when we are away BUT it does have its time and uses when it's needed.

How could we get pissed at you for loving the great out doors???
__________________
___________________
2016 Lance 1995
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn (Custom)
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:18 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
rideandslide's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Waynesville Georgia
Posts: 1,102
Well, must say i didn't factor in family's with kids !
__________________
Lovin Our Grey Wolf 26RL !! Jim & Pat
rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:26 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 148
You can see the generational differences here..lol As a tech nerd barely into the 40's I geek out on this stuff and still never use it out camping...lol Fun to play with it all though.
__________________
2016 Viking 17FQ
2005 Chevy Trailblazer
2 Chihuahua's - yeah, were those people at the campground
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:08 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 524
Be careful using PVC fittings and glue for domestic drinking water.
__________________
2014 Creek Side 23RKS
2006 Chevy Duramax CC 4x4 SB LT3
LBZYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:12 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
TheMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBZYA View Post
Be careful using PVC fittings and glue for domestic drinking water.
Yup.. I already got the safe pvc glue as advised. Thank you. You made a real good point.
__________________
___________________
2016 Lance 1995
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn (Custom)
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:22 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
TheMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 405
Here are pics I promised of the latest mod outside the RV coming straight from the city water. I used pre existing holes in my frame and attached a 2 bolts and 2 locking nuts. Omg the pre-existing holes were the EXACT measurements of my water filter bracket. So I attached the water filter using some wing nuts.

I attach all the pipes first and just slip the filter bracket over the bolts and just hand tighten the wing nuts.
White pipe from city water, to filter, pressure regulator, then a 4ft white pipe to the RV inlet.

Now ALL the water coming in is filtered clean and at the right pressure. And only my drinking water goes through another filter process again inside the RV. Probably reduces the pressure for that specific tap but I can't tell the difference from my residential RO system pressure at all.

This keeps the water filter clean and off the ground and doesn't look like a mess.

Also, this should keep the gunk out of the RV water heater and tanks etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1463627964446.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	127457   Click image for larger version

Name:	1463627979756.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	127458  

__________________

__________________
___________________
2016 Lance 1995
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn (Custom)
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
upgrade


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Palazzo mods | upgrades gmadams Palazzo Motorhomes 1541 01-21-2017 05:30 PM
ACE mods / upgrades mfolland Thor Industries Owner's Forum 1091 12-20-2016 02:05 PM
2013 Fleetwood Storm Mods and Upgrades usinvestment Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 8 02-01-2014 09:30 AM
Palazzo mods / upgrades jimbo2013 Thor Industries Owner's Forum 5 09-23-2013 05:12 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.