Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2016, 09:34 PM   #29

Outdoors RV Owners Club
But all that gunk, that's the good stuff!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2016, 10:08 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
But all that gunk, that's the good stuff!
Lol. I will scrape all that good stuff out and keep it for you bro, for when we do a meet and great.
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:41 PM   #31

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'll bring ketchup/catsup/however it's spelled!
Old 05-19-2016, 06:18 AM   #32

For hanging a water filter, I put a J hook under the trailer. A loop of nylon rope is tied onto the filter and I just hang it on the hook. I attach the pressure regulator to the filter, so it hangs with it.
lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #33

NOT pretty but it does the job.
Got some Aluminum screen and blocked all holes where bugs/wasps and such could get in and start nesting. Thought I would do this sooner rather than later.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:30 PM   #34

Not pretty but... oops forgot the pics.
Did this for all openings where bugs could get in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1463718549952.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	127566   Click image for larger version

Name:	1463718562821.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	127567  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1463718577553.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	127568  
Old 05-19-2016, 11:31 PM   #35

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I full time, and that is supposed to reduce the bugs getting in there and making a home, but I still didn't take any chances. Many wasps build paper nests, and if one gets made where a flame will come on, that would be bad.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:18 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
I full time, and that is supposed to reduce the bugs getting in there and making a home, but I still didn't take any chances. Many wasps build paper nests, and if one gets made where a flame will come on, that would be bad.
Not sure I understand your comment?? I did this to STOP wasps and bugs building a nest but you say you still didn't take any chances.... did I overlook something. Thanks bro.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:24 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
Here are pics I promised of the latest mod outside the RV coming straight from the city water. I used pre existing holes in my frame and attached a 2 bolts and 2 locking nuts. Omg the pre-existing holes were the EXACT measurements of my water filter bracket. So I attached the water filter using some wing nuts.

I attach all the pipes first and just slip the filter bracket over the bolts and just hand tighten the wing nuts.
White pipe from city water, to filter, pressure regulator, then a 4ft white pipe to the RV inlet.

Now ALL the water coming in is filtered clean and at the right pressure. And only my drinking water goes through another filter process again inside the RV. Probably reduces the pressure for that specific tap but I can't tell the difference from my residential RO system pressure at all.

This keeps the water filter clean and off the ground and doesn't look like a mess.

Also, this should keep the gunk out of the RV water heater and tanks etc.
Wow, that water filter deal is pretty slick. Why ain't I thought of that. And i would guess you could run that hose to fill your tank with clean water as well. Does it make a difference in your flow rate in the trailer? I ain't concerned with pressure but I could use more GPM flow in mine.
Bob1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:42 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1340 View Post
Wow, that water filter deal is pretty slick. Why ain't I thought of that. And i would guess you could run that hose to fill your tank with clean water as well. Does it make a difference in your flow rate in the trailer? I ain't concerned with pressure but I could use more GPM flow in mine.
I'm sure that any filter woukd reduce the GPM but I've tries every Tao with it and I'm extremely happy with the flow rate. Even the shower.

The cool thing is as the filters are residential filters, I can just buy faster GPM filters. Don't forget I just want clean water in. I filter the water AGAIN for the drinking faucet at the kitchen sink (SEE POST #1) Seems to be working great so far. On ebay you can buy these filters so cheap rather than the Camco filters at extremely high prices
Old 05-20-2016, 03:20 AM   #39

Two things here !

1. Do you remove the unit before you hit the road ? Hope so !

2. The gunk in the water heater is not from settlement in the water supply, it forms from the water that vaporizes around the heater element, the gunk is the mineral deposits that separate out,
Old 05-20-2016, 04:10 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Two things here !

1. Do you remove the unit before you hit the road ? Hope so !

2. The gunk in the water heater is not from settlement in the water supply, it forms from the water that vaporizes around the heater element, the gunk is the mineral deposits that separate out,
Yeah, cos I don't have a long enough hose pipe!!! Lol
Seriously yes, it's just when we are actually camping etc.

And you are right that the mineral deposits separate and cause the gunk but that's what the water filter is for, to trap as much deposits as it can. Not 100% but a vast % be for either hits the RV pipes.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:14 AM   #41

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
Not sure I understand your comment?? I did this to STOP wasps and bugs building a nest but you say you still didn't take any chances.... did I overlook something. Thanks bro.
I have the stainless hardware mesh covers over the openings that lead to anyplace where flames happen, too. Took a long confusing route to get there, didn't we?
Old 05-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #42

Matrix, your previous email on...
....I also added an Odroid c1+ to my TV as we never watch regular TV channels....

I'm not a computer geek, but are you saying with this device you can save TV shows from your laptop to the microSD card and watch them on the RV tv? Whoa! I need to know more. Can you enlighten me?

Thxs Norn&Mary
Norm-n-Mary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade