Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2016, 08:18 PM   #113

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
I got the 2016 Laramie Longhorn 1500, 5.7Hemi. I fell in Love with the brown stitched interior. I wanted the Limited but you are stuck with the black interior ONLY (COME ON DODGE THAT'S PATHETIC). The limited is lovely but I wanted the spectacular Longhorn interior.

So I ordered the Longhorn and upgraded everything to the Limited standard then the mods began as soon as it arrived...

See pics along with text below...

OK so the moment it arrived off the delivery truck, the tires were changed to ALL TERRAIN tires. Wanted the safety of the extra ply.

Changed the front chrome bumber (which always seems to be rusty on others I've seen) to the Outdoorsman body colour bumper (sports will not fit) and spray painted white to match.

Changed the front lights to the black smoked lights from the Sports model.

Changed the front cross bars to Outdoorsman and painted white.

Changed the grill to Outdoorsman to the black honeycomb.

Changed rear lights to the smoked lights from the Sports model.

Changed the rear bumber to the Sports body colour bumper and sprayed white.

After all the paint had time to cure, 3M'd the ENTIRE front, lights, hood, sides and partial rear.

Added a Hard top Back flip 3 folding tonneau cover and the space management system. Love this... so handy along with the Ram box.

Changed the chrome side bars to black chrome.

Changed badging to black logos.

Put in a K&N CAI system. Not sure how much HP this adds but boy do I love the growl.

Changed the licence plate to "MAXED" . Too bad you're not allowed to have private plates on a TT :(

Oh and of course. .. Its bagged with AIR RIDE

Will be putting an oil catcher in soon.

So that is it so far. Not much to the engine but it's not a sports car lol. And I've spent enough on those!!

Beautiful truck! I love my Ram...2016 SLT...towing with the 8 speed is a huge difference .

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2016, 01:23 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfusion View Post
Beautiful truck! I love my Ram...2016 SLT...towing with the 8 speed is a huge difference .
NICE looking rig coldfusion!

TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:05 AM   #115

joshj84

Yep ! Born and raised a DC boy, back in the good days. Sonny Jergenson, Billy Kilmer, of of course the " Deisel " John Riggins !!! It's a lifelong commitment, and as you saw, got the wife converted !

And standing beside Dan Snyder as far as the name change "Washington Redskins " forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2016, 07:22 AM   #116

OK Matrix !!!

One more Bust and i promise to leave you alone (well maybe ) ! Just give me/us a name, ( Frank, Joe, Jim "as I " Conad, The Commander of the great white North, whatever ) ! i feel so many of us here on the Forum I considered as friends, Don't want your SS # (if you have them in Canada), your blood type, or address. Heck just make one up "Molson" good ! I like the beer, well to be honest, any beer !!!

He Tarzan , wife Jane, Me Jim, Wife Pat !!!
Old 06-15-2016, 09:44 AM   #117

Forest River Owners Club
hidee ho

Hi Matrix,
Geez, good looking truck and great mods. It's funny how age changes what's important to a guy; I'm now 66 and in my hot rod days I did all those things you did and more to my trucks but now, I'm more interested in how it is mechanically and power wise. Plus, where I live on a dirt road in northern Arizona, it's too hard to keep it as clean and pristine as your rig, much as I would like to. I do wash and wax it twice a year for our annual spring and fall one week vacations but other than that I let the ocassional rain wash it off! Keep up the good work! Happy Camping!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-10colorado 004E.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	130318  
Old 06-15-2016, 07:10 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
OK Matrix !!!

One more Bust and i promise to leave you alone (well maybe ) ! Just give me/us a name, ( Frank, Joe, Jim "as I " Conad, The Commander of the great white North, whatever ) ! i feel so many of us here on the Forum I considered as friends, Don't want your SS # (if you have them in Canada), your blood type, or address. Heck just make one up "Molson" good ! I like the beer, well to be honest, any beer !!!

He Tarzan , wife Jane, Me Jim, Wife Pat !!!
JIM, seriously my name is Matrix !!
Wife is called Trinity !!

Ok joking aside, I'm sure I've mentioned this on another threads...

ME : Ali
DW: Stephanie

Hope that calms you down a bit lol.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:25 AM   #119

Many Thanks Ali !

I will be able to sleep much better tonight Will be easy to remember since the loss of Mohammad Ali , the greatest to ever to enter the ring ! But you probably to young to have ever seen, except on video.

Thanks for the name, i realize it's most likely doesn't mean a lot to most, but i like to call a friend by his/her name ! i guess it's a Geizzer thing !

Keep up the post !!!
Old 06-20-2016, 01:01 AM   #120

Quote:
Many Thanks Ali !

I will be able to sleep much better tonight Will be easy to remember since the loss of Mohammad Ali , the greatest to ever to enter the ring ! But you probably to young to have ever seen, except on video.

Thanks for the name, i realize it's most likely doesn't mean a lot to most, but i like to call a friend by his/her name ! i guess it's a Geizzer thing !

Keep up the post !!!
I agree. ALI was the greatest boxer ever to enter the ring. And yes, I've watched his fights. I've seen his fights live on TV and remember watching the 1978 fight with Leon Spinks, I was 12!!
Old 06-20-2016, 01:17 AM   #121

Just got back from a lovely camping trip on Shuswap Lake, BC. and I was itching to do a few mods.

However, I was so glad that I put in the Camco Aero flo roof vent before we left. It rained for 9 hours straight but we were able to keep the vents open forever!

I also installed two wireless chargers for both our phones. They work great and stuck to the side of the bed with blue tack. No more trying to stick in the wire in the dark. Just drop the phone on the pad and it charges.

I also installed soap/shampoo/conditioner dispensers for the shower. It was our first showers in the RV this weekend and it's cumbersome with different bottles to navigate. I MARINE siliconed the back and screw holes in the shower and carefully screwed them on to the shower wall . They took perfectly and held very firm.

I also installed one of these next to the door for hand sanitizer when we come into the RV from hikes etc. I think this will be very functional and save water.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1466406846026.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	130679   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466406884079.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	130680  

Name:	1466406895389.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	130681   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466406917269.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	130682  

Name:	1466406930640.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	130683   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466406942299.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	130684  

Name:	1466406954839.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	130685  
Old 06-20-2016, 07:08 AM   #122

Nice !! Does the lance have the " Fantastic Fan " thought it was just a salesman speal, but a great fan. We bought the cover meant especially for it, but not yet installed, to old and fat for that, and too cheap to pay someone to do it ! where are the kids when you need em !
Old 06-20-2016, 07:14 AM   #123

I must confess, i have never used the shower in Chase II ( Grey Wolf 26RL ) nice enclosed wrap around shower , but save that for de wife,(she loves it ) i haul my fat as!!! up to the bathhouse .
Old 06-20-2016, 10:19 AM   #124

Quote:
Nice !! Does the lance have the " Fantastic Fan " thought it was just a salesman speal, but a great fan. We bought the cover meant especially for it, but not yet installed, to old and fat for that, and too cheap to pay someone to do it ! where are the kids when you need em !
Yes indeed, it does have the fantastic fan but I put the Aero Flo roof vent over that and the one in the bathroom too so I never have to worry about leaving anything open.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #125

Quote:
I must confess, i have never used the shower in Chase II ( Grey Wolf 26RL ) nice enclosed wrap around shower , but save that for de wife,(she loves it ) i haul my fat as!!! up to the bathhouse .
Geez. Why. You deserve a little convenience. I can stand having to dress to the showers, then undress to take a shower, then dress just to get back to the RV lol.

Do it Jim, it will do wonders for your hormones and then you'll stop busting my chops lol. 😂😂😂
Old 06-20-2016, 05:38 PM   #126

Naa ! Don't think it will be that easy !

Tags
upgrade