Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2014, 02:55 PM   #1

Something a little bigger with rear kitchen

We currently have a 2013 Salem Cruise lite 221RBxl Its 24 foot and its the first lite weight we have had. After spending a number of weeks in it during June it worked well for us and we towed it over 5000 miles but the wife would like a little more space. The lite version lacks in drawers and doors etc.

We saw a SportTrek ST250VRK with a rear kitchen at an RV show last winter. She really liked the rear kitchen floorplan.
Anybody got any feedback on the SportTrek trailers. Or any other recommendation for similar rear kitchen designs. Its only the 2 of us and the dog. Gran kids may sleep over but we don't need a bunkhouse. Current trailer has a front queen and a dinnete for sleeping. The SportTek has a front queen a couch in a slide that fold out and a dinette. The SportTek is 28 feet long. So something from 28 to 30 foot would be perfect.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
It isn't a rear kitchen but check out the Outdoors RV Wind River 250RDSW. It has an amazingly large amount of counter space including a fold up extention for a ~30' travel trailer and the rear window is priceless when you camp with a view.

ORV: Wind River 250RDSW

Old 07-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Take a look at the Surveyor Sport SV-264. Ours is about 3 years old and we still like it. I like the 80" Queen Bed as opposed to the 74" beds that come in most...

We'll be selling it either next year or the year after because of our population explosion... Four years ago I had no grand children, now I have 6... So we'll be looking at bunk-house models...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #4

Thanks for the input so far. The other topic here has me rethinking the rear kitchen so that makes the Wind River attractive with the windows at the back. Rear kichen may not be such a great idea after all. Current trailer has a bathroom and closet at the back. Everything in the closet is always in disarray after a trip. The kitchen does well in front of the axles. The surveyor looks interesting too. We liking won't make a change till we have checked out a lot af RV shows this winter and walked through a lot of floor plans.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #5

CanadianCrew
Have a look at the Jayco Jayflight 26RLS
We have one and are just loving it so far
Full slide with dinnette and Couch in it
Extra Large Window in the rear and two Swivel Rockers
Kitchen is Midships so the plates and glasses don't get rocked too bad
The U shaped Dinette folds down into a extra long Double Bed. (If you have a 6 footer plus guest they will be surprised at the leg room)
Couch folds out into standard length Double bed
Front Queen bed
Front and Rear access doors make packing and unpacking a lot easier
Ours has the 8cubic Foot Fridge Freezer. We don't even bring a cooler now.
Just the two of us but we have had another couple with us for a weekend and all parties where comfortable and happy!

Things I would change?
The outside shower is in front of the Slide so not so handy as an outdoors water source for washing dishes.
Maybe swap out the swivel rockers for a pair of rocker recliners

I am pulling it with an F150 Screw Ecoboosted and well within my weight limits
It hauls just as easy as the Jayflight 22FB we previously had which was a smaller lighter trailer. Check the spec's see if it meets your needs and your truck can handle it tongue and Loaded weight wise.

Not sure what part of Ontario you are in
We are in the Sarnia Area
We are off camping Aug 8th weekend with the 3 grandkids in the London Area
Should be loads of fun!

RRII
Old 07-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
Google a forest river salem 27rkss. I just bought one. It is nice and the price is even nicer.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #7

Also consider a front kitchen. Same amount of counter space and less bounce for the dishes. We have an Artic Fox front kitchen nothing broken or doors/drawers opening.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Google a forest river salem 27rkss. I just bought one. It is nice and the price is even nicer.
We will certainly look at the Salem's as it may be to our advantages to trade back at the dealer we got the Salem cruise lite from.

At first glance this model does not look like it has a windoew in the back over the counter. That would be one of the main advantages to the rear kitchen in our eyes. Some of the rear living room models are starting to look appealing with large windows at the back.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
CanadianCrew
Have a look at the Jayco Jayflight 26RLS
We have one and are just loving it so far
Full slide with dinnette and Couch in it
Extra Large Window in the rear and two Swivel Rockers
Kitchen is Midships so the plates and glasses don't get rocked too bad
The U shaped Dinette folds down into a extra long Double Bed. (If you have a 6 footer plus guest they will be surprised at the leg room)
Couch folds out into standard length Double bed
Front Queen bed
Front and Rear access doors make packing and unpacking a lot easier
Ours has the 8cubic Foot Fridge Freezer. We don't even bring a cooler now.
Just the two of us but we have had another couple with us for a weekend and all parties where comfortable and happy!

Things I would change?
The outside shower is in front of the Slide so not so handy as an outdoors water source for washing dishes.
Maybe swap out the swivel rockers for a pair of rocker recliners

I am pulling it with an F150 Screw Ecoboosted and well within my weight limits
It hauls just as easy as the Jayflight 22FB we previously had which was a smaller lighter trailer. Check the spec's see if it meets your needs and your truck can handle it tongue and Loaded weight wise.

Not sure what part of Ontario you are in
We are in the Sarnia Area
We are off camping Aug 8th weekend with the 3 grandkids in the London Area
Should be loads of fun!

RRII
Interestingly enough we are also from Sarnia. Our grand-kids are out west though. We spent 3 weeks and 7700 KM's on the road in June going west. Our current dinette does work for a sleep over with the grand-kids but we could use a bigger sleep area for them as well. Therefore your input on the dinette is appreciated. My wife also likes to have a bunk house model but most of the time its just the 2 of us. I did see an Aerolite BH at Kelders in Grand Bend that had the electric bunk and a cargo door. That would work for the grand kids and we can move the bunks electricly out of the way to use it for bikes or cargo when it is just the 2 of us. But there where some features of the bedroom we did not like in the Aerolite. If I may ask did you get your Jayco at Ron Clark Motors?

As for the truck and towing capacity we will be looking for a newer TV. I am thinking an F150. Like the way the ecoboost performs but not convinced on the long term reliability or repair costs if we keep it for a while and it gets a number of years old with no warranty. So I may opt for the 5.0 Liter.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #10
CVH

We like our 26' coachman spirit of America. Ours has a rear kitchen.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #11

Something a little bigger with rear kitchen

We love our JayFlight 269RLS. Big kitchen lots of storage. We do 95% of our cooking outside but it's nice for prep work. I should add that ours is more of a cabin as we keep it on a seasonal lot in Northern Michigan. I wouldn't want anything different for our situation.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to mike.t Send a message via MSN to mike.t Send a message via Yahoo to mike.t
CanadianCrew. Do some checking on the ecoboost f-150. Seams there has been a problem with fuel leaking in to the oil.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #13

SALEM 27RKSS.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #14

Here is the floorplan of our 2410rk Komfort. We really like it for the size it is. I don't know how they got a 60X80 bed in it compared to most others with the short queen.
They are not in production right now, but you might happen to find a used one.
http://komfort-rvs.com/index.php?p=floorplans
Click on the 2410rk.