Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2008, 12:20 AM   #1

We have a 33ft arctic fox tt we real like this unit except for one problem.When its set up it has a lot of movment,when you look at the stabilizers you see a lot of flex in them.I am look at the power twin stabilizers,has anybody used them?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:20 AM   #2

We have a 33ft arctic fox tt we real like this unit except for one problem.When its set up it has a lot of movment,when you look at the stabilizers you see a lot of flex in them.I am look at the power twin stabilizers,has anybody used them?

Old 10-15-2008, 03:17 AM   #3

Olddude we haven't used the power stabilizers but we have the ultra-fab stabilizer units. They really make the trailer rock solid. They triangulate the entire chassis. there is another company called JT strong arms very good also but they were never available when we wanted to get ours. You won't be sorry if you add these to your rig. They were under $300 when we purchased ours. The installation is very easy just a little time consuming. I am sure they are much cheaper than power stabilizers also.
chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #4

Also consider Roto-chox as they are suppose to really stabilize a trailer.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the electric rear stabilizers and love them. One trick is to keep the stabilizers as short as possible. That means you may have to add blocks under them before lowering them.

I took 4x6 pressure treated wood, cut them into 12" pieces and then glued and screwed them together creating 4x12x12 bocks. I have 10 of them. I stack them as needed.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:09 AM   #6

In July 2007 we purchased JT Stabilizers. Since then we have been in several high wind situation, the most recent was yesterday in Russell KS where they reached 40mph. There was absolutely no movement whatsoever!!! These were one of the most valuable purchases we've made!!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:02 AM   #7

I also installed the JTs and found that they add a lot of stability. Even with them on there seems to be a little trick of once the trailer is level drop the nose a few clicks, stablize the rear and lcok them in, then raise the nose about double the clicks up, stablize the front, then drop the nose half way back down which should put you back on your original level position with pressure on all stabilization points.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #8

Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olddude:
We have a 33ft arctic fox tt we real like this unit except for one problem.When its set up it has a lot of movment,when you look at the stabilizers you see a lot of flex in them.I am look at the power twin stabilizers,has anybody used them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My wife bought for me, and had installed the Ultra Fab electric stabilizer jacks, both front and rear. Not only do they work great, but Ultra Fab is very easy to deal with. Customer Service is wonderful.

Good Luck...

Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote