Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #1

I'm new to the travel trailer "world" so when me and my g/f went looking to trade our pop-up we went with Starcraft - being popular by name and offered by a close-by local dealer. Also, having a mid-SUV we were limited in options. We bought this unit in Oct 2005 and to date have had it out 4 times. Here is a list of problems...at purchase the dinette window had to be replaced, the front canvas had a pinhole so it had to be replaced (out for 6 wks). After our second time the radio/cd needed replacing (a short), the bathroom fan needed to be adjusted, and molding needed replacing. And then on our first trip this year the toilet leaked and the shower leaked into the kitchen and we had to get a kitchen drawer re-aligned. Right before a trip a few weeks ago I went in to look over the camper and the camper was flooded due to the shower sun-window leaking heavily due to a rainstorm. Well, due to shotty sealant work! Then, on our next trip the A/C started dripping condenstation right through the control panel inside the unit and onto the floor. I understand there are bugs to work out with anything new but we feel we have a serious ugly duckling. We now have a 4.7 Dodge 1500 and are looking at travel-lites like the Zeppelin by Keystone, the super-lites by Forest River's Rockwood and a Fleetwood. Any feedback on any of these and Starcraft would be greatly appreciated. Are we rushing to judgement on our 19CK or are our problems typical of new units? Thanks!

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #2

I'm new to the travel trailer "world" so when me and my g/f went looking to trade our pop-up we went with Starcraft - being popular by name and offered by a close-by local dealer. Also, having a mid-SUV we were limited in options. We bought this unit in Oct 2005 and to date have had it out 4 times. Here is a list of problems...at purchase the dinette window had to be replaced, the front canvas had a pinhole so it had to be replaced (out for 6 wks). After our second time the radio/cd needed replacing (a short), the bathroom fan needed to be adjusted, and molding needed replacing. And then on our first trip this year the toilet leaked and the shower leaked into the kitchen and we had to get a kitchen drawer re-aligned. Right before a trip a few weeks ago I went in to look over the camper and the camper was flooded due to the shower sun-window leaking heavily due to a rainstorm. Well, due to shotty sealant work! Then, on our next trip the A/C started dripping condenstation right through the control panel inside the unit and onto the floor. I understand there are bugs to work out with anything new but we feel we have a serious ugly duckling. We now have a 4.7 Dodge 1500 and are looking at travel-lites like the Zeppelin by Keystone, the super-lites by Forest River's Rockwood and a Fleetwood. Any feedback on any of these and Starcraft would be greatly appreciated. Are we rushing to judgement on our 19CK or are our problems typical of new units? Thanks!
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote