RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2019, 02:30 PM   #1

Stinky slinky storage

Where do you store your stinky slinky? Is in the bumper a good idea?

Klibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2019, 02:58 PM   #2

A lot of the class C have a square tube rear bumper that works as storage for hose, some class A have hose storage in another location, rear bumper seems like a good spot to me.

Old 03-16-2019, 03:10 PM   #3

Rear bumpers are rough inside having a seam.....newer trailers have a bumper that is to small to hold a hose with the fittings attached.....I, and others, use a 5x5" vinyl fence post cover from either Lowes or Home Depot mounted crossways from one side to the other, and use slip on caps that a retainer can be fashioned for to keep caps in place....I've got 3 8' ones.......mounted in front of front axle so they won't scrape in driveways....
Old 03-16-2019, 03:39 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Iím going to get a pvc pipe for the hose and put it in the ceiling of a basement bay. Also going to get one for long poles and such
Home State is Kentucky
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:41 PM   #5

I for one wouldn't want that inside.
Waynedog74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:43 PM   #6

We use a plastic storage box for hose and ends. We use caps for each end of the hose in storage. The hose compresses, and we can get a lot of hose in a standard document box.

The 5" fence post also works very well. We just couldn't find a convenient place to carry it.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:45 PM   #7

Location: From California currently traveling this great country.
Mine goes into a sealed bin. It only has blk water hoses (2) and my rinse hose. They get sealed in the bin in the basement.
poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:49 PM   #8

I got rid of the slinky and bought a Sewer Solution which has a cleaning feature when finished. Once it is clean you can coil it and put it most anywhere. Love it.

RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:52 PM   #9

I carry three "Valtera" 10' hoses which collapse to about 2 1/2'. I cap each end and place them in my wet bay. They are in where it's clean, dry and easy to get to.
Lynn
Old 03-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I agree with outdoor storage of the slinky, air dry & ventilate capability with end caps on the square bumper or modified end caps on the PVC pipe mounted underneath.
guten tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:05 AM   #11

One my last rig, its bumper had screws into it. Completely couldn’t use it for sewer hose storage.

I ended up copying what I saw on forums and used 5” vinyl fence post covers and a piece of gutter as a “drawer”. I made 2 of them and carried pert near 60’ of sewer hose (I had 2 sewer outlets on the camper). All of the 90-degree angles and other accouterments went to a storage bin that I zip tied to the rear bumper (with UV resistant zip ties).

New camper doesn’t have a bumper. And I haven’t added the fence post covers yet. I still have the storage tote, it’s just shoved into a hatch. It did come with a Valletta Sewer Tube thing. Pretty nifty but only holds about 20’ of hose. I still carry a good 35-40’ for the oddball campsites we come across (my rig is 43’ long).
Old 03-17-2019, 01:16 AM   #12

Make one of these and mount under the trailer...attached to the main frame I beams on both sides. 5" vinyl fence post 8' long, 10' section of vinyl gutter, a couple of end caps for both the gutter piece and the fence post.....

This setup is able to hold two 10' pieces of hose in the gutter, and still have enough room for the 90 degree clear piece after pushing the gutter inside the fence post tube. I went ahead and made mine lockable, but that of course is optional....after all, who would steal a stinky slinky?

One more....this is how the tube is mounted to the underside of the trailer...
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:47 AM   #13

The cheap hose that I got with the trailer fit in the bumper. But my Rhino Hose is too thick so it goes in a clear tote with the end caps attached after it gets rinsed good.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Make one of these and mount under the trailer...attached to the main frame I beams on both sides. 5" vinyl fence post 8' long, 10' section of vinyl gutter, a couple of end caps for both the gutter piece and the fence post.....

This setup is able to hold two 10' pieces of hose in the gutter, and still have enough room for the 90 degree clear piece after pushing the gutter inside the fence post tube. I went ahead and made mine lockable, but that of course is optional....after all, who would steal a stinky slinky?

One more....this is how the tube is mounted to the underside of the trailer...

XRated, Nice set of pictures, saved me posting mine!

This is as far as I an concerned the best way to store the slinky and other parts. As shown even the large elbow will fit in the 5" fence post. About the only difference is I hinged the cap.

Rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage