Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #15
CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktie.shooter View Post
Your write-up is really great, I appreciate your taking the time to do it.
I agree with everything you say, except about the tissue. I have had some "RV approved" tissues that were worse than the old Life Magazine jokes, and had all the dissolving properties of a sheet of aluminum. Then there are others, the ones that dissolve while you're using them . . . !

There have been a couple threads on this, what I learned from them was that there are some regular commercial tissues that seem to work fine. At this point, we use the same thing we use at home - Costco. So far, this seems to be about the best we've run across, and as far as I can tell, does not contribute to plumbing problems.
We have always used the toilet paper we use in the house. No problem so far.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, "Dry Tank" is easy.. THink of a tank still wrapped in plastic shrink wrap from the factory.

However I do need to know the nature of the stoppage

Old 07-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #17

wa8yxm, I see lots of advice on how to cure the problem, but still no one seems to know what the real problem is. There have been 4 requests so far for an explanation, but so far no response. Beginning to think that the op does not read his own posts. It is possible that someone has a solution to this unknown problem.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I think the dealer was saying that a dry tank is a black tank that was full or partially full and not emptied. Over time the water evaporated and what was left was a hard dry mass much like a cow patty that is probably very hard to remove. Hydrating for a period of time with one of the methods above might work. The clog could be in the tank, sewer lines leading to the valve or the line past the valve. Working backward from the outlet might locate the actual clog.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #19

OR----When I was in Blanding, Utah I asked the motel clerk where I could buy a beer. She said; "Blanding , sir is a dry town." So if we are just GUESSING the meaning of a "dry tank" it could be one that does not dispense beer. Perhaps the op could enlighten us.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph View Post
I have been reading this post for four days and still not heard the OP define, "stopped up black water tank" or "dry tank" Would help to know exactly what he is writing about.
He left town, Dolph.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph View Post
wa8yxm, I see lots of advice on how to cure the problem, but still no one seems to know what the real problem is. There have been 4 requests so far for an explanation, but so far no response. Beginning to think that the op does not read his own posts. It is possible that someone has a solution to this unknown problem.
This is true, I often see isssues posted in as many as five of the three forums I visit (Yes, I know that does not sound right, But in one forum it may be posted in 3 different sections, and that makes five, even if duplicate posts are.. Discouraged)

I think the O/P is not reading his own thread.. Happens some times that the O/P's of this world expect a "live" answer and when 10 seconds later they don't have it, they are like Charley, (The man who never returned) .

I think we should all drop this thread
Old 07-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #22

I agree, have bruises on my forehead, and the wall does not look too good either.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #23

Wanted to let everyone know I have been able to get my black tank cleaned.

This involved removing the tank so that it could be completly cleaned.

The problem....combo of excess TP and tampons which had cloggged up the works.

The tampons did not come from my family or friends. Make sure when you take delivery of your RV that you measure " in and out" volume from the black tank.

I complained to my dealer about the tank always showing 1/3 rd full after
no furthur liquid came out. Was told " you just have some TP covering the sensor.

This proved to be BS!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:37 PM   #24
CD

tigar63
You just didn't understand that he ment it was that deep in TP etc.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #25

Thank you for posting the results of this thread, I'ts good to know what happened and why, and the outcome.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
[/quote]
Quote:

tiger63 . . . Never put regular toilet tissue in your RV's black tank. Only use toilet tissue which is approved for RV and/or septic tank use. Regular toilet tissue may eventually dissolve, but not before causing a clog in your black tank
I have used off the shelf household T.P for over 30 years without a problem.
Never dump a tank without adding water and a tank chemical afterword.

As far as a poop pyramid I would try a pressure washer with the dump valve open of course. In fact I would go in both the toilet drain and in the dump valve. When using the wand in the toilet I would cover the bowl with a towel to prevent splash back, looking under the towel with the wand off every now and then checking the progress. A strong flash light really helps.

For me I live out in the boonies with acreage and I would do this at home by digging a hole well away from my or anyone else's water wells.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:35 PM   #27

CD

The clogged black tank was caused by tapons which have an expansive fiber which does not break down. TP which will break down is blocked by the tapon residue.

What part of this do you not understand?

I am trying to have others to make sure females do not dispose of these items in a RV head.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #28
CD

tiger63
I completely understand what you said. I apologize for not being clear that I was pointing the remark at what the dealer said to you "I complained to my dealer about the tank always showing 1/3 rd full after
no furthur liquid came out. Was told " you just have some TP covering the sensor". The dealer apparently didn't want to find out either. How did they get the "stuff" out. It probably wasn't easy.