Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #1

Just checking to see if there are any Sunline owners on this forum.

We really enjoy our T2499 Solaris. My DH & I like the quality of our trailer. It is a great floorplan for the two of us and our camping buddies, two spoiled (but well behaved) dogs.

OkieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #2

Just checking to see if there are any Sunline owners on this forum.

We really enjoy our T2499 Solaris. My DH & I like the quality of our trailer. It is a great floorplan for the two of us and our camping buddies, two spoiled (but well behaved) dogs.

Old 02-20-2006, 08:13 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well Cat, I don't have a Sunliner trailer but I have to jump in here and say hi since you are right here in Tulsa. Look for us down in the South Central section under the Okla Boomers and lets plan on getting together. Always glad to see another person in the area. We have a toyhauler but try to get together with the Boomers when ever we can. Live out by Keystone.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:57 AM   #4

Thanks for the welcome Tom! Funny you should mention the Oklahoma Boomers, that is what got me started posting on here. We had heard a lot of good things about the Texas Boomers but we moved before we could get involved in that group. We are looking forward to joining in for a weekend soon.

So you drag race a corvette? I pretty much grew up at Tulsa International, my dad has drag raced for YEARS, I am talking a very long time. For the last 30 + years in a corvette. Hummm... y'all probably know one another. Heck I might even know you from my racing days back in high school.... Of course, that depends on how long you have been drag racing.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:38 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
We are on our second one! We had a 2001 2980 and traded it for a 2003 Sr267. It's a a couple of feet shorted but, the slide really makes it seem bigger.
My wife, 3 kids and a golden retriever are really enjoying it!
Old 02-23-2006, 04:58 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
My first travel trailer was a used 30' Sunline bunkhouse. We moved up from a pop-up to this trailer. It was a 1990. I loved that trailer. For a 5 year old trailer when I bought it, it was in great condition and the quality was excellent. If sunline had 5th wheels at the time I moved up, I would probably have gotten another Sunline. I have always been impressed with them.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:33 AM   #7

Hi,

I'm a "I wish I had a Sunline..." Great trailers and a great company - top notch.

Once our children no longer travel with us we will probably be traveling in a Sunline.

Enjoy!

Gulfstream Kingsport 275FBS
Camp Winican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:55 AM   #8

Thanks for the replies everyone!!
As long as we enjoy our RV's it doesn't really matter what brand but it is nice to visit with people who enjoy the same ones sometimes.

I do wonder if Tom ever read my post about racing corvettes... Hey Tom, did ya?!
Old 02-28-2006, 04:24 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Cat, I did! I did!

Now you've got me wondering, lets see, you're in your 40's, dad's been drag racing corvettes for at least 30 yrs, hummmm, would his name happen to be Gene and would yours happen to be Cathy (sp?)??

Or, am I way off base and you're someone totally different. It would be too much if I was right, even though I've never met his daughter, at least I don't think I have.?? But anyway, I'm done guessing, balls back in your court.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:12 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Cat, I did! I did!

Now you've got me wondering, lets see, you're in your 40's, dad's been drag racing corvettes for at least 30 yrs, hummmm, would his name happen to be Gene and would yours happen to be Cathy (sp?)??

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!!

Since I lived in Dallas for most my adult life I haven't been around the Tulsa drag strip much but I do think we must have met at some time or another. I think you have been racing for a week or so, too.... if my guess is right. Small world, isn't it? Now just because the old man is my father... don't hold it against me, OK?
Old 02-28-2006, 07:49 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Wow! Small world isn't it. I've known Gene for so long I've forgotten how long. Still the fastest man in a corvette around here and the oldest too. Just last year he ran 8.76 trying to set a NCCC corvette drag record in DPC but couldn't keep it straight on the big end and had to pedal it.

My wife and your mother knew each other and I think she had met you too. I might have run into you around the shop but that was about it. In fact, if I remember correctly, there was a ladies night out at a, shall we say club, where all of you went, and had a great time according to what I was told. Boy, is this bringing back memories! I'll shut up for now. My racing days are over and we're trying to get ready to retire in a couple of years. Camping is more my speed now.

You just never know, do ya. Look forward to seeing you'all at our next boomers campout, that is if Heinz gets his act together in time. Charley would love to see you, I'm sure.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:08 AM   #12

Hummmm I seem to recall a girl's night out. LOL Let's just move on to another topic...shall we?

I asked mom if she remembered y'all and she said "Of course, I would like to see those two again sometime." We have been talking about her coming with us to camp for a weekend so maybe this will be her motivation. My wonderful husband has gladly included mom with us on several vacations so a weekend in the Sunline wouldn't be a real challenge.

By the way, we moved back to Oklahoma in order to be closer to mom and try to keep her as independent as possible. Her health isn't exactly the best these days, but she does pretty good. She is getting used to being spoiled now so that doesn't hurt anything. She still has her sense of humor and that is a good thing.

Tell Charley we both said "Hello", OK? I am looking forward to meeting up with y'all!

Boy has this thread ran WAY off topic. LOL
Old 03-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Boy has this thread ran WAY off topic. LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ah, what the heck. Anyway, I'll tell her and we'll look forward to it. Tell your mom hi from us too.

Ok, now we can go back on topic, uh, what was it?? O ya, the Sunline trailer. Down in the Toyhauler section we are always "off topic".
Old 03-01-2006, 12:23 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vette Racer:
Ah, what the heck. Anyway, I'll tell her and we'll look forward to it. Tell your mom hi from us too.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will!! She is coming over for supper tonight.