Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2004, 10:06 AM   #1

Hi,

I just bought a RoadRunner 160. A few folks on other Websites have asked what I thought about it, so i thought I would post my assessment here too. I'm a first time owner, although I have spent time in other TTs and Motorhomes.

OK, heres my little report. Took the Roadrunner 160 out this weekend. WOW, for a 16 foot box, I think I scored on this. Everything worked as advertised.

A few small issues.

The Blinds have plastic holders at the bottom to secure them in the down position while driving. They practically all broke off, but every Camper I've ever seen these in, do the same thing. Buy metal ones or just blow it off.

There is no way to check the water levels, except to open the seats/bed and physically look at the Fresh/Grey tank. Clueless on how to check the 8 gallon Black tank.

If you order one of these guys have the manufacturer put the medicine cabinet over the toilet, allowing for head room of course (No pun intended). Right now mine is on the left when you enter the bathroom door, so you have to lean over the toilet a little to enter the bathroom. AND its a right hand opening, so you have to go all the way into the bathroom, lean over the toilet, then open the cabinet door. Kinda clumsy ! If it has to remain where it is, ask for a left hand opening, you can open it from the entrance without all the jostling around.

Other than that, it worked great. And the best part was.....HOT SHOWER, without sitting on the toilet. It has a little mini-tub you can stand in, and use for the rugrats if you want to. After looking at floor plans for months on the internet, this is the only model of this size that has this feature. All the other smaller trailers have you sitting on the toilet while showering. It only has a 6 gallon water heater, so I did a Navy Shower, but I was fine with it.

One feature that I really liked, these guys put the thermostat on the wall above the Lower Twin Bed. So you can adjust the heat with out getting out of bed. Some campers dont have that little feature.

And the portable fold up table worked out great too. I liked the fact that if I didnt want to use the table, I could get rid of it, or use it outside.

Ok, there it is. All in All.............I was very impressed with this little guy.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2004, 10:06 AM   #2

Hi,

I just bought a RoadRunner 160. A few folks on other Websites have asked what I thought about it, so i thought I would post my assessment here too. I'm a first time owner, although I have spent time in other TTs and Motorhomes.

OK, heres my little report. Took the Roadrunner 160 out this weekend. WOW, for a 16 foot box, I think I scored on this. Everything worked as advertised.

A few small issues.

The Blinds have plastic holders at the bottom to secure them in the down position while driving. They practically all broke off, but every Camper I've ever seen these in, do the same thing. Buy metal ones or just blow it off.

There is no way to check the water levels, except to open the seats/bed and physically look at the Fresh/Grey tank. Clueless on how to check the 8 gallon Black tank.

If you order one of these guys have the manufacturer put the medicine cabinet over the toilet, allowing for head room of course (No pun intended). Right now mine is on the left when you enter the bathroom door, so you have to lean over the toilet a little to enter the bathroom. AND its a right hand opening, so you have to go all the way into the bathroom, lean over the toilet, then open the cabinet door. Kinda clumsy ! If it has to remain where it is, ask for a left hand opening, you can open it from the entrance without all the jostling around.

Other than that, it worked great. And the best part was.....HOT SHOWER, without sitting on the toilet. It has a little mini-tub you can stand in, and use for the rugrats if you want to. After looking at floor plans for months on the internet, this is the only model of this size that has this feature. All the other smaller trailers have you sitting on the toilet while showering. It only has a 6 gallon water heater, so I did a Navy Shower, but I was fine with it.

One feature that I really liked, these guys put the thermostat on the wall above the Lower Twin Bed. So you can adjust the heat with out getting out of bed. Some campers dont have that little feature.

And the portable fold up table worked out great too. I liked the fact that if I didnt want to use the table, I could get rid of it, or use it outside.

Ok, there it is. All in All.............I was very impressed with this little guy.

Old 10-26-2004, 09:42 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I see you are a first time poster so, "Welcome to the forum" and "HOWDY"!!!

Nice post on your first hand observations about the "Roadrunner" by Sun-Valley.

Yes the tank level indicators would be nice. But Sun-Valley does not put them on the rigs under twenty feet.

Why, I don't know. I will have to ask our factory rep. the next time I talk to him.... I have been meaning to do this, but CRS syndrom seems to kick in every time I speak with him.

You did not mention the removable table. I thought it was kind of cute. Use it inside for eating, or use it outside if you feel like it....

Enjoy the 160!

I'll look forward to seeing posts yall make.

BTW, yes I am part of a dealership that has a Sun Valley franchise. (Service/Fleet MAnager at Innovative RV)
Old 10-27-2004, 12:23 PM   #4

Don !

I remember you. we talked about getting this 160 from your shop in Baton Rouge. And finding a way to deliver it to me here in Cafilornia. You even offered to drive it to San Antonio for me.

I must say you guys went Way out of your way to help me. I was about 3 seconds from getting this Trailer from you, then someone came up with practically the same deal, just locally here in Cal. I paid more for licence and taxes, but sorry to say, the local dealer was a safer bet, for servicing.

My compliments to you and your crew. Thanks for the Warm Welcome, and thanks again for going out of your way to try and help me out.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:40 PM   #5

Hey Seahunt40
Congrats on the new trailer. I have been studying those little 160's but never seen one in person. They seem to have just about everything the bigger ones have, but half the size. I have a question for you. Does the table turn into a bed, or do you just sleep on the couch? and is it big enough for one adult or kid only.
Thanks for any feedback you can offer.
Have fun with the new rig.
Pete.

2005 Shadow Cruiser T-160
pmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:46 PM   #6

Pete,

I'm sorry but I've been out of the loop for awhile, the War got in the way for awhile, so hope my reply isnt too late. Only about a year and a half.

No the table doesnt fix into a bed, its a fold out table and a bit small. The unit has a double sized bed on the bottom and a single bunk over that. My wife and I fit the double just fine, and my son takes the bunk.

2nd season using this thing so an update.

Put in a "Sensatank" tank reader, works great. Really a pain to get to the black water tank, I had to break through the space under the Electrical panel and literally chip out a hole to the tank through the wall. But got er done.

Also put in a 5 dollar digital voltage meter, that works great as well.

Next is to find an intank 90 ohm sensor to use with the Sensatank.