Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #1

surprises in California. Take a look!!

So I'm visiting family in Oceanside and have come across some very interesting rigs. Saw this one on the way to the beach!!

Also, need help with an issue. My sister's TT's monoxide sensor keeps going off and one has to unplug the battery the alarm is so loud. we checked for gas leaks and are good there. could it just be a bad sensor? when we hook up to the truck, it stops.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tim and ton 001.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	11113  
made2care is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by made2care View Post
So I'm visiting family in Oceanside and have come across some very interesting rigs. Saw this one on the way to the beach!!
Speaking of interesting rigs found in California, check this one out

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #3

cool!!

now that's cool. here's more pics i took while in california.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tim and ton 007.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	11155   Click image for larger version

Name:	tim and ton 008.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	333.3 KB
ID:	11156  

made2care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
Speaking of interesting rigs found in California, check this one out
That 64 RV and 64 Mustang belongs to Tom P in Houston. He operates a website and email list for silver Streak and Streamline trailers.

Toms' Web Page

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
That 64 RV and 64 Mustang belongs to Tom P in Houston. He operates a website and email list for silver Streak and Streamline trailers.

Ken
Yes I did borrow that pic from his website, the last pics in the blog are of the Travel Car I saw in So Cal.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #6

Most CO2/propane detectors give an alarm when battery power is too low--if hooking up to truck halts it, then would suspect a low battery in the trailer.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Most CO2/propane detectors give an alarm when battery power is too low--if hooking up to truck halts it, then would suspect a low battery in the trailer.
yep

To the OP, what LED is lit when the Propane detector is going off?

We had ours beep and go off and the Yellow LED would light. That is an indication for low voltage however we were plugged into shore power and all other powered sources were good. What I found after I removed the Propane detector is that the previous TT owner had spilled Crisco or lard (I have no idea how one would spill Crisco BTW) on the bottom under the sink. The Crisco somehow worked its way into one of the wiring nuts for the Propane detector and corroded that connection, giving the low voltage to the Propane detector. I cut it off and re-spliced that connection and all was good with the Propane detector.

I have also heard, although probably rare occasion, of a Propane detector going bad and requiring replacement. However, make sure she checks which LED is lighting up when it goes off and that should help figure out what is going wrong with it.