Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2015, 04:12 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Surveyor 264RKS

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this model of TT? Considering purchasing a Surveyor 264RKS. Don't need a big TT, just me and the Wife.

Thanks,

SubVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #2

Hi SubVet,
Welcome to the forum.
Surveyors are mid quality trailers with some nice features. We looked at the 295 (I think).
This was a couple years ago. The only down side was the price seemed a little high for the quality, and the wife didn't like any of the interior decor options.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:22 AM   #3

My wife is not wild about the interior either, but the price is right from a local dealer. Not only do they have a good price, but they offer storage on the fenced secured lot behind for around $20.00 per month. 24 hour notice and they will have it ready for you to go. They move it out front and give it a quick bath. But you have to buy it there to get that service.

The dealer is very well thought of, family business.

Around here that is a huge bargain. Need to store it because our Home Owners Association wont allow TT parked longer than a couple of weeks.

The quality seems to be on par with some others in our area. Looked at Jayco and some others.

Thanks,
Old 08-06-2015, 06:07 PM   #4

The dealer is at least important as the brand of TT you buy. I would get the storage thing in writing before I signed on the dotted line.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:26 PM   #5

Sounds like you have made up your mind---have fun and enjoy!!
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:22 PM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
I've had the same floor plan but it's called the SV 264. It's been fine... More later...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:18 PM   #7

Jayco Owners Club
As promised.... I was getting ready to leave last night... more info. I've had mine for 3 years. It's maiden voyage was an 8-week trip down from Amarillo because my job changed unexpectedly. I lived in it and worked while our home was being sold. The last week of that time, wifey was with me while we picked out a house and got it bought.

Everything worked well. Since then we've used it quite a bit and have had no major issues... that we didn't cause. I replaced the kitchen sink because we left a bottle of dishwashing soap in it, and it cracked. Mine now has a nice stainless steel sink. We had a recall on the skylight over the shower. I did the work, myself. That's been it... and it's been towed about 12K miles, and slept in about 90 nights. I do keep mine in covered storage, so it's not fading, or chalking... still shines. The interior is not as comfortable as I'd like, and it's a bit cramped, but it works well enough. We will be upgrading next year because we have become grandparents, and those kids are getting camping age. We will not be the amusement-park grandparents... we'll take them fishing, hiking, camping, etc... My 2 sons and I use it for our fly fishing adventures. The couch and dinette are adequate sleeping quarters for them.

All in all, it's been a reasonably good product and would be a good first trailer. It is half-ton towable, but be sure to balance it properly with enough tongue weight.

Enjoy!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:35 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Being RKS, I assume that is a rear kitchen plan. I almost bought a Vibe 28RKS.
I started seeing the stories about the rear kitchen and storage problems while on the road pulling the trailer. I heard that it was difficult in some cases to keep doors from coming open and contents coming out. Contents in cabinets being moved around, etc. So I selected another model without the rear kitchen. Although I thought that the rear kitchen was a very good layout when parked.
TXredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #9

Thanks for the information good to hear.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:41 AM   #10

Yes, I too have heard that you don't want to bring the good china in a rear Kitchen rig.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXredfish View Post
Being RKS, I assume that is a rear kitchen plan. I almost bought a Vibe 28RKS.
I started seeing the stories about the rear kitchen and storage problems while on the road pulling the trailer. I heard that it was difficult in some cases to keep doors from coming open and contents coming out. Contents in cabinets being moved around, etc. So I selected another model without the rear kitchen. Although I thought that the rear kitchen was a very good layout when parked.
We upgraded this year and this Surveyor model was on the short list. We found a new one nearby and took a look. We were attracted by the floor plan but after a good look decided it was not for us. Hadn't really considered the rear kitchen being an issue while towing but I suppose it's just something you learn about and deal with as needed.

Good Luck in your search, if you are still looking.