Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2017, 06:12 PM   #15

Something like this? Caught this at a Walmart near Cincinnati.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170912_200944.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	176380

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2017, 06:15 PM   #16

That's long! Wouldn't want to have to backup.

LittleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
So are you saying they shouldn't pull a big trailer?
Between balancing the trailer, tongue weight and payload capacity, towing capacity of the TV and then doing all that with a MH and having to drive that around? No thanks.

Am I saying they shouldn't do it? No. It's their lives and money on the line. Not mine and I still believe in the freedom of choice. I just don't want to be around them if things go sour because that will be one hell of a mess to clean up. Besides, seeing photos like this are amusing and in a way impressive with the creativity they display. Smart? Not so much, but creative none the less.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:37 AM   #18

Can't see a problem with a MH pulling a TT, as long as the towing capacity of the MH is considered.
True enough that wind could be a serious consideration. High winds occasionally blow tractor/trailer rigs off the road here in Oklahoma (and elsewhere). Not matter what you hit the road on or in, you have to consider the the weather and road conditions and drive accordingly, or not drive until conditions improve.

If the MH pulling the TT in the photo were evacuees, it is possible (maybe likely) that the folks in the MH were full timers and they were helping their next door neighbor get their TT to a safe location.
When there is an impending disaster, folks often do what they might not normally do to help others.
TRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:41 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
MH with a 10,000 lb towing capacity pulling a 7500 lb travel trailer. Only thing that seems a bit odd is a RV pulling a RV. No need in my mind to question the motivation or rationale for doing so.

Not much different that a unit with a travel trailer carrying a tent.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:10 PM   #20

Vanion2 You said

( Am I saying they shouldn't do it? No. It's their lives and money on the line.)

If it's my daughter and her family it kills when i goes, it's all our concern !!!.

Old 09-13-2017, 02:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Vanion2 You said

( Am I saying they shouldn't do it? No. It's their lives and money on the line.)

If it's my daughter and her family it kills when i goes, it's all our concern !!!.

Exactly people don't care about those around them until something happens, if they live they have a lot of time to think about it when they catch a manslaughter charge!!! Someone once said most people drive in a personal bubble and nothing outside it matters. When they read or see news that someone driving like a moron kills a child gets Locked up in some states they get life!! They think it will never happen to them!! Today I was driving into town (I live I a very rual area of South Carolina) a Ford ranger passed. Me and 5 cars ahead of me he crossed a solid double yellow line and almost caused a head-on collision trying to get past the 5th car!!! And we're did I catch up to him??? Getting a pack of Marlboro's at a BP station!!! I hope that A$$ Wh%#e never gets a TT and drives like that, I caught this idiot on my dash cam got his face with the rear cam as he passed me (I was doing 57 in a 55) and his tag was caught with the front camera, it shows my speed and location, I put idiots like this on YouTube!! So fare warning people are starting to put advanced Dashcams In there vehicles mine does full HD 60 fps and can see faces and tags 98% of The time (sun glare is the only thing that clouds the video)
Old 09-13-2017, 02:37 PM   #22

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
What's the big deal? Most all DP's have a 10k towing capability and some have 15k.
My rig has a GVWR of 54,000#'s and a GCVWR of 69,000#'s with a 15,000# hitch. Made to tow a double stacker with toys.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanion2 View Post
Between balancing the trailer, tongue weight and payload capacity, towing capacity of the TV and then doing all that with a MH and having to drive that around? No thanks.

Am I saying they shouldn't do it? No. It's their lives and money on the line. Not mine and I still believe in the freedom of choice. I just don't want to be around them if things go sour because that will be one hell of a mess to clean up. Besides, seeing photos like this are amusing and in a way impressive with the creativity they display. Smart? Not so much, but creative none the less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
My rig has a GVWR of 54,000#'s and a GCVWR of 69,000#'s with a 15,000# hitch. Made to tow a double stacker with toys.
That was my point above. Some think the original picture shouldn't happen. How do they know what the rv is rated to tow?

It's like people telling me I had to tow my toyhauler slower. I bought the tires, I know what speed I can tow it.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:20 PM   #24

Lol... probably going through a separation with the spouse... grabbed the Harley, truck, boat and motorhome... "I am outa here woman!"
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:37 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
https://s26.postimg.org/qhmbz1azd/5t...l_on_wagon.jpg

burfurd
Old 09-13-2017, 08:56 PM   #26
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Figure his steering may be a tad loose burford?
Old 09-14-2017, 07:53 AM   #27

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0930.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	176524
Old 09-14-2017, 08:48 PM   #28

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Vanion2 You said

Exactly how do you propose to fix this problem if they are towing within the rig's legal limits? This isn't me disagreeing with you because I feel the same. I wouldn't do it but legally there is nothing that can be done to stop it.

And you can't fix stupid. Been there and tried that too many times. Best you can do is call it in and hope the local LEO isn't too busy being over worked and under paid/appreciated to be able to investigate. Maybe the DOT enforcement should make a stronger showing but good luck getting that to happen when they got their hands full with CDL offenders.