Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2015, 01:09 PM   #1

Thoughts after one week living in the Oliver

Here is my update on the Oliver after living full time in it for the first week.

Wincrasher's Travels: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Thoughts on the Oliver after 1 week living in it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2015, 01:24 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Nicely written and described.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:06 AM   #3

Good job on the blog.

But why did you pick this small trailer to full time in? Seems too small.

And did you have a Columbus 5th wheel and a Vantage 19 footer?

What state are you in? Still Pa.?
Old 03-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Good job on the blog.

But why did you pick this small trailer to full time in? Seems too small.

And did you have a Columbus 5th wheel and a Vantage 19 footer?

What state are you in? Still Pa.?
Too small for what?

I go into my reasons in my reviews. The Columbus is going up for sale. The Vantage was sold long ago.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:09 PM   #5

Sounds like too many shortcomings to be a livable trailer. I like some of the features but your list of inconveniences is way too long. Having a wet bath and making up the bed each night is a deal killer especially for my wife.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 harley View Post
Sounds like too many shortcomings to be a livable trailer. I like some of the features but your list of inconveniences is way too long. Having a wet bath and making up the bed each night is a deal killer especially for my wife.
What long list are you talking about? You don't have to make up the bed each night. A spacious wet bath is a convenience!
Old 03-31-2015, 09:52 AM   #7

So how long you keeping this trailer? I'm assuming a year or less based on your posts about other trailers
Old 03-31-2015, 09:54 AM   #8

LOL. I think this one is a keeper. So far, all my main expectations are met, the size is right and the feature set is right. Built to last a lifetime and I don't doubt it.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:47 PM   #9

I do like the apparent build quality. Wish they had a slide and bunks. Man, I wonder what that would cost lol.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:50 PM   #10

Don't hold your breath for a slide-out. It goes totally against the philosophy of these fiberglass egg trailers.

Some other brands do have bunks though. Check out the Scamp if that is what you need.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:33 PM   #11

The long list I'm talking about are all the short comings that YOU listed not me. I don't have a dog in this discussion I'm just trying to understand the appeal with all the items you listed. As I believe about most things in life if you like your vehicle then that is all that matters. I don't want a slide out and some people may think that is funny, that's ok because the only person I'm trying to please are me and my wife. Don't take offense at people asking questions.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:47 PM   #12

Again, I don't really understand what you are saying. If you actually read my article, you'd see that my criticisms are only for items that I had control over, that I didn't think thru before I placed my custom build order. That and a door for the fuse box that opens opposite of the way it should. How is that a long list of dislikes or shortcomings?? I think you are only trying to stir a pot. If YOU don't like the response, then don't post in threads you are clearly not interested in.

The reason I wrote the post was to help people considering such a custom build to think about some things that I overlooked. Not to criticize Oliver in any way. I guess no good deed goes unpunished!
Old 03-31-2015, 08:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Not to criticize Oliver in any way.
Having read some of your posts, I don't see you as critical at all. On the contrary, you seem like a huge fanboy for Oliver, to the point where one might wonder if they are compensating you.

Nonetheless, you are obviously thrilled, and that is all that matters. Hope it continues to serve you well.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:15 PM   #14

Thanks. It may appear I'm a fanboy - maybe I am. I'm certainly satisfied and still in the honeymoon stage. I can assure everyone I'm not being compensated at all. Hopefully, I'm telling people like it is.

I've bought 15 RV's in my lifetime so far. Some of them quickly became disappointments - some after only a few days ownership. So this experience I'm having is very satisfying, and quite frankly, a relief.