Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #1

Thoughts on Keystone Cougar

My wife and I just bought a 2011 Keystone Cougar and are new to owning a travel trailer. Just want to get some opinions or tips on this rig.
Miw1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #2

Hi Guys,
Welcome to the Forum.
Congrats on the new Cougar. I haven't heard much on them at all. We had a Keystone Outback 26RKS. It was a good starter travel trailer. We were anxious to upgrade over this past year to a 5er.
We bought a "new to us" 5er but haven't had chance to use it yet. Can hardly wait.

I wish you guys many great days of RVing and loving every minute of it. We sure do.
Have a great season !!!

Should you have any problems this is a great problem solving forum as well as socializing.

Bye for now
Jo
Old 03-28-2011, 12:20 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Congratulations on your new TT.

We used to own a 2004 Cougar 5-r. It was a good mid-level unit, not without little nit-picky things that went wrong, of course, but we were happy with it.

Tip:
Get yourself EMS (Energy Management System) (portable or have it hard wired) to protect your TT & it's appliances from surges, high/low voltage, reverse polarity, open neutrals....etc. All the things that can go wrong when you plug into a campground's (or any place else's) electricity. You don't want problems with the electrical supply to take out your A/C's, audio/visual, appliances that will cost thousands of dollars to replace.

Enjoy your new Cougar & post often of your travels.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #4

2011 Cougar

Greetings,
My wife and I purchased a 327RES 5'er at the Rv show in Jan. and just took delivery ths past week. I love it! AT this time it will be on a seasonal lot, but its the talk of the campground. Congrats on the purchase and enjoy it to the fullest.
Bill
phoneman16 is offline   Reply With Quote