Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2016, 04:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear1737 View Post
We also opened up all the windows. Could that have been a mistake? We just figured the more ventilation the better.
We have Maxx Air roof vent covers so always left roof vents only open. That way you do not have to worry about any water coming in. Air will circulate when your roof vents are open. We keep windows closed (in Ohio and never had any mildew or mold/smell issues).
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2016, 07:50 AM   #16

Well we only have one maxx vent cover. And its in the bathroom. Just didnt think that would be enough
bigbear1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:19 AM   #17

Thanks to ADCO, I'm covered
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170128_171043936.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	150517  
Old 01-31-2017, 07:00 PM   #18

I recently purchased a 30' travel trailer. I wanted a cover for it, but saw the prices were kinda hefty for the good ones. Lucky me, I looked on our Facebook Marketplace, and boom!!! An ADCO cover for $75! A guy bought a 40' motor home, and didn't need it. Looks brand new!
Old 01-31-2017, 07:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBabysDaddy View Post
I recently purchased a 30' travel trailer. I wanted a cover for it, but saw the prices were kinda hefty for the good ones. Lucky me, I looked on our Facebook Marketplace, and boom!!! An ADCO cover for $75! A guy bought a 40' motor home, and didn't need it. Looks brand new!
Awesome great find for you! We're very happy that the investment is somewhat protected now.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:37 PM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear1737 View Post
So having a new tt for almost a year now we are thinking it may be a good idea to cover that beauty up. We do use it at least one weekend every month. Im just kinda wondering what everyone else opinion is on the idea. I really would like to protect my $30,000 purchase. I know they can be kinda expensive but maybe its worth it to save the paint. Btw we live in central Florida, so it sees a lot of sun and heat.
You will definitely benefit by keeping it under a cover. Camping World puts the ADCO cover (which we use) on sale quite often. We paid around 200 bucks for nice cover for our 28ft Creekside.
We live in the PNW so rain is a problem. The only hassle would be having to take it on/off once a month.
We used a cover on our 2012 Creekside and the trailer still looked new when we traded it in.
infowars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:00 PM   #21

Covering your RV

We bought a used HiLO 12 yrs. ago. I priced a cover and it would have cost $900.00 We didn't have the $. Three years ago a forum member was selling a cover for $300.00.They had only used it twice. It was in EC. Best $ I ever spent. Cheaper than fixing water damage and rotten roof. We love our sunbrella cover. It is large enough to go over our back bumper and the propane tanks. I use buble wrap and blue painters tape to protect the awning brackets and any other sharp objects.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote