Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2019, 07:34 PM   #1

TPMS Recommendations

We are in the process of purchasing a new TT and I will need a new tpms. On my current TT I had Blu TPMS but was disappointed. App never worked correctly and sensors took a long time to register. Then on my last trip they quit.

I will need sensors for 4 tires and want to monitor temp as well as pressure. Please share your recommendations ... or warnings.

Thanks
Brenwol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2019, 07:44 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
TPMS Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenwol1 View Post
We are in the process of purchasing a new TT and I will need a new tpms. On my current TT I had Blu TPMS but was disappointed. App never worked correctly and sensors took a long time to register. Then on my last trip they quit.

I will need sensors for 4 tires and want to monitor temp as well as pressure. Please share your recommendations ... or warnings.

Thanks

Very happy with this EEZTire unit:

EEZTire-TPMS6 Real Time/24x7 Tire... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009BEGV6S...p_mob_ap_share

4 sensor unit is $279
tbillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:54 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
I have had TST TPMS since they first started and would recommend them. The customer service is outstanding. They monitor PSI and TEMP and you can replace the batteries when you are notified from the monitor.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
I have had TST TPMS since they first started and would recommend them. The customer service is outstanding. They monitor PSI and TEMP and you can replace the batteries when you are notified from the monitor.
The model 507 unit?
Old 06-25-2019, 08:17 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
The first tenet of owning a TPMS is that whatever brand you buy, you must trust it to be reliable. I personally have been using a TST 507 for ten years and it does what it's supposed to do. I'm very comfortable with it.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:59 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Yep, the 507 model. What I like about it is the opening on my MH front tires is not that big so the nice thing about the 507 is that you can remove the out side of it that has to use a tool to install. Once that is removed you can screw the TPMS on by hand and tighten it.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:15 PM   #7

I also have an EezTire system. Monitors the 6 truck tires, and the four on the trailer for both temperature and pressure. Because my rig is about 60 feet total length, it has a hard time seeing the back two sensors while driving down the road. I had to get a small booster for it that I wired in with my dashcam. Basically, if the truck is running, the dashcam and TPMS system and booster are also running. The system I got can handle up to 26 tires total IIRC. It also lets me toggle the truck and trailer sensors on/off. That way, when I unhook, I turn off the trailer's sensors so it doesn't complain about not seeing them while driving around town. It wasn't the cheapest, but I've been very happy with it so far.
Itchytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:36 AM   #8

We use the 507.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:37 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
TPMS Recommendations

TireMinder Smart TMPS it uses your smartphone for a monitor. One less screen on the dashboard. On our third season and its been working great.
pdxgwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxgwj View Post
TireMinder Smart TMPS it uses your smartphone for a monitor. One less screen on the dashboard. On our third season and its been working great.
Which model?
Old 06-26-2019, 01:11 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thumbs down took mine off

tst screw on through the valve type. believe 507. a couple yrs ago while driving in Tennessee i had the left rear tire go down, like flat. never an indication on the monitor. but i kept them anyway. i finally pulled them off a month ago and they were STILL reading 80psi while not even on the tire....i’m done with these.
ricndot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
TireMinder (Smart TPMS ) is the model #
pdxgwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:00 PM   #13

Been running the TST-507 for a couple years now, always works great.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:15 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricndot View Post
tst screw on through the valve type. believe 507. a couple yrs ago while driving in Tennessee i had the left rear tire go down, like flat. never an indication on the monitor. but i kept them anyway. i finally pulled them off a month ago and they were STILL reading 80psi while not even on the tire....i’m done with these.
Did you give TST a call to let them know about the problems? If so they would have replaced your system. I have been running the TST system since before they took it over from the guy in Colorado and have never had a reading on a removed sensor, my monitor always beeps with no psi on it.

Tags
tpms