Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #29

I bought my rv "new roof" that the dealer had done, well 3 month in it leaked again I went to them and they said "well you should have bought warranty, Would you like our service manager to quote the repair for you?" I also bought a truck and 2 days later transmission went out. Dealer felt no remorse and no solution. Had a warranty on it but still. I wouldn't even pick up the phone. Also both of these were smaller dealers. I also will never go to a smaller dealer again.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2015, 08:59 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
If you truly did not know about the bad roof you should be home free.

If you knew about the roof or suspected it was sketchy you should negotiate in good faith with the dealer. Offer to pay for the material to a max and he pays for the labour if you offer anything.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #31

If you are feeling any concerns, the only reason I can think might be that you didn't read the contact you signed and are not sure where you stand. If that is the case, you have been provided great layman's advice. Just listen and then leave without agreeing to anything...there is no emergency about this.

Let them read the contract provisions to you if that is it.

You need an escape valve tomorrow (plan to discuss it with us again) and a good listening ear. Then you can tell us the story and we can all enjoy it and suggest what you do next. Just don't get all wound up in attempting to be the best guy in town. In ain't what the dealer is gonna say it is...they are trained for this and you should not assume they are the best honest ethical dealer in the nation and that you have to win their customer of the year award.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #32

It was given to them like any other trailer they take in trade. It was taken in "As in" condition. If you buy something used you always sign an "As in" condition paper. I'm sure you signed off on your trailer the same way. Or did you?
Old 02-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #33

IMHO, don't agree to anything. If they try to take or threaten legal action, take your sales contract to a lawyer and get legal advice as to whether you have any financial responsibility. It may cost you a few $$, but better than paying more when it isn't your responsibility.
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #34

wow, i only read the first part and had to fast forward to reply immediately!

[Moderator Edit]

I was totally screwed over when I bought a brand new TT in 2013 and they wouldnt budge!!!

enjoy your new trailer and GOD bless.... that guy will try everything to get you to agree to something... dont you do it!!!!

too bad!!!!

enjoy and dont look back

I love it when tbe dealers get screwed...

i feel vindication thru your situation.

good luck with your new rv......
Old 02-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #35
DDW

If they want to backout of the deal, and won't be reasonable tell then to give it back and you'll give them back the new one.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:42 PM   #36

Smonagle
Finally an RV customer who got the better deal..... (don't' feel bad or guilty and do something stupid)..... the dealer screwed himself.
You're more fortunate than most...RV dealers sell RVs with defects all the time....(on purpose)!

Good for you!
Keep up the good work!

Mel
'96 Safari
Old 02-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #37

Jayco Owners Club
I don't believe the dealer would have the right to "back out" of the deal... I'm pretty sure in Texas that if you bought it and drove off with it... it's yours. Same goes for the dealer... he bought it... it's his. Not sure about other states... I wouldn't negotiate with them at all. I'd answer the phone as a courtesy, but only once...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:53 PM   #38
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDW View Post
If they want to backout of the deal, and won't be reasonable tell then to give it back and you'll give them back the new one.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #39

Well here is the update for today!

The dealer never called. When I looked on their website they listed our current one as sold and the trade in as "pictures coming soon" and that it's available.

I'm sure this isn't over but the fact they didn't even attempt to call today makes me wonder if they knew they didn't have anything to stand on.
smonagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:50 PM   #40

Reading all these forums I have to laugh ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by smonagle View Post
Well here is the update for today!

The dealer never called. When I looked on their website they listed our current one as sold and the trade in as "pictures coming soon" and that it's available.

I'm sure this isn't over but the fact they didn't even attempt to call today makes me wonder if they knew they didn't have anything to stand on.
The sales man told his boss ,"I allowed them this much on there trade in ". WHAT!! "You should not have given them that much for there tradin , tell them it has a rotten roof and maybe the'll cough up more money "!
Old 02-05-2015, 05:51 PM   #41

Hi it's been interesting reading some of our members opinions. But I have to chime in a little on the dealer they already planted a thought in your mind and it won't be easy forgetting about it but try watch a movie build something, hake go over to your neighbors and chop some wood for them if you don't have your own pile . Better yet take a weekend trip in your new to you TT even if it is to the nearest WallyW enjoy my friend
Old 02-05-2015, 10:13 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestPacer View Post
Hi it's been interesting reading some of our members opinions. But I have to chime in a little on the dealer they already planted a thought in your mind and it won't be easy forgetting about it but try watch a movie build something, hake go over to your neighbors and chop some wood for them if you don't have your own pile . Better yet take a weekend trip in your new to you TT even if it is to the nearest WallyW enjoy my friend

I spent the afternoon clearing 14 inches of snow off the new camper

smonagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof