Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Has anyone here heard of or used these tires. My thoughts are that if I buy them from the local place ($127 ea mounted & balanced) If I do have a problem I have someplace to go to get resolution.
From their website:

Quote:
History
Del-Nat® Tire Corporation was formed to benefit independent tire dealers by offering exclusive products within a specific geographic area at a profitable margin with the goal of being the single source for all tire categories to its shareholders.

Del-Nat® Tire Corporation (DNTC) was formed on January 1, 1989 when Delta Tire Corporation and National Tire Corporation merged joining two strong private brands into an even stronger cooperative that enjoys numerous economies of scale and increased sourcing opportunities.

Tires and tubes are produced in our brands by respected tire manufacturers around the world and are distributed via a 500,000 square foot distribution center in Memphis, TN. DNTC product is manufactured in the United States, Mexico, Japan, Taiwan, Europe, China and Korea.
Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #16

Delta Tire Spec Sheet

Delta Tires Catalog - Del-Nat® Tire Corporation - National Tires, Del-Nat Tires, Akuret Tires, Private brand tires.

Have a look here. Thanks for the tip. Believe it or not the tires are mounted and balanced as I type this.

It sounds like they may be a little difficult to find but it also looks like they are rated very well. Time will tell.

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #17

Texas Boomers Club
HERE is an interesting thread.......

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:28 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Has anyone here heard of or used these tires. My thoughts are that if I buy them from the local place ($127 ea mounted & balanced) If I do have a problem I have someplace to go to get resolution.
Good luck with those.

They are sold by a private-label distributor with no connection to Cooper Tire. If they were a brand owned by Cooper Tire, then I'd say good for you. Cooper takes care of their dealers and customers so you won't have any bad experience with their tires. But Del-Nat is not Cooper Tire, and I have no idea whether Del-Nat takes care of their customers.

The name of your tire is probably Akuret, not Accurate. They are a bias ply tire.
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #19

They Are On There

Well I bought the damn things. I never want to have to buy trailer tires again. They look fine. I had Carlisle's and I blew two of them myself. I was told that the Goodyear Marathons were also blowing out on folks. These are Akuret's but they have a load rating of 2800 lbs per tire. (load range B) The Carlisle's had a rating of 1820 lbs. (load range D) I am just keeping my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Michelin told me under no circumstances should I run a "LT" tire on a trailer. The trailer weighs 6400 lbs empty and I don't have it loaded with much since it stays in storage most of the time.

Sudsy
Old 03-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Well I bought the damn things. I never want to have to buy trailer tires again. They look fine. I had Carlisle's and I blew two of them myself. I was told that the Goodyear Marathons were also blowing out on folks. These are Akuret's but they have a load rating of 2800 lbs per tire. (load range B) The Carlisle's had a rating of 1820 lbs. (load range D) I am just keeping my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Michelin told me under no circumstances should I run a "LT" tire on a trailer. The trailer weighs 6400 lbs empty and I don't have it loaded with much since it stays in storage most of the time.

Sudsy
Um... you can absolutely run an LT tire on a trailer. Trailer tires have NO mileage or defect warranty. You buy them... you're on the hook even if was manufactured incorrectly.
LT tires typically do have a mileage & construction warranty.

Michelin will tell you that to keep warranty claims to a minimum. There are thousands of landscapers/trailer towers that use LT tires with no problems.
If your trailer has the room in the fenderwell... I would go for the best tire/longest warranty/load range that will fit.
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think I'm one of a handful of folks that have had very good luck with marathons and replaced them with the dreaded Carlisle tires which have not exploded up to this point. Maybe I cork one this summer now that I said that. Lol
Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Michelin told me under no circumstances should I run a "LT" tire on a trailer.
Then you apparently talked to the village idiot at Michelin. What the idiot intended to say was that you should never run an LT tire on a trailer unless the tire is a commercial truck tire rated for "all position" service.

For example, the Michelin XPS is a commercial truck tire rated for "all position" service. "All position" includes front axle, rear axle, and trailer axles. Numerous folks run the Michelin XPS tires on a trailer and claim they are the best trailer tire on the market.
http://www.michelintruck.com/micheli...?tread=XPS RIB

Goodyear also makes at least one commercial truck tire rated for all position service. The only problem with both the Michelin XPS and the Goodyear clone is that they come in very limited sizes.

Size
LT215/85R16
LT225/75R16
LT235/85R16
LT245/75R16

That's it. If your trailer doesn't use that size tire, then you cannot run the XPS.
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #23

Michelin tire positions.

Michelin Americas Truck Tire Position Page

FastEagle
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
Then you apparently talked to the village idiot at Michelin. What the idiot intended to say was that you should never run an LT tire on a trailer unless the tire is a commercial truck tire rated for "all position" service.

For example, the Michelin XPS is a commercial truck tire rated for "all position" service. "All position" includes front axle, rear axle, and trailer axles. Numerous folks run the Michelin XPS tires on a trailer and claim they are the best trailer tire on the market.
http://www.michelintruck.com/micheli...?tread=XPS RIB

Goodyear also makes at least one commercial truck tire rated for all position service. The only problem with both the Michelin XPS and the Goodyear clone is that they come in very limited sizes.

Size
LT215/85R16
LT225/75R16
LT235/85R16
LT245/75R16

That's it. If your trailer doesn't use that size tire, then you cannot run the XPS.
1.Too late. They are on there.
2. I have 15 inch rims and am not buying 16s.

I am no longer following this thread all it does is piss me off and give me undo stress.

Sudsy
Old 03-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #25

Ahhh, Sudsy, your stress level isn't near where its going to be...
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:33 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
1.Too late. They are on there.
2. I have 15 inch rims and am not buying 16s.

I am no longer following this thread all it does is piss me off and give me undo stress.

Sudsy
well at this point who cares about you?? Its for the rest of the folks that will do a search for this same question and get the correct answer and not purchase carlisle tires
WeatherTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEagle View Post
Michelin tire positions.

Michelin Americas Truck Tire Position Page

FastEagle
In response to this.

Michelin Americas Truck All Tires Page

Michelin does not have a recommended 15 inch tire for RV use.

Sudsy
Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherTodd View Post
well at this point who cares about you?? Its for the rest of the folks that will do a search for this same question and get the correct answer and not purchase carlisle tires
Just checked back in and in response here I will keep the desktop shortcut and let everyone know how these tires work out.

I also talked to my insurance agent (a friend) and she had some reservations about claims for damage.

Sudsy

Tags
tires